Chapter 4

The next morning, Kurt woke up to a sobbing Alexis on his chest.

"Shhh...," he soothed.

He tried doing everything he could to comfort his daughter, even though he felt like he was comforting himself as well.

"Come on sweetie, let's go get some breakfast," Kurt cooed.

Alexis sniffed and clung to Kurt.

"Daddy," she croaked, her voice hoarse from crying.

"Come on, baby," Kurt said, picking her up and setting her on his hip.

Alexis buried her face in her daddy's shoulder.

Kurt walked downstairs and sat Alexis down in her high chair at the kitchen table. She rubbed her tired eyes with her tiny fists and yawned.

Kurt grabbed a box of Cheerios from the top of the fridge and poured some in a bowl for Alexis.

He then sat down at the table next to her. He reached over and brushed her brown curls out of her eyes. Alexis looked up and smiled at her daddy. Kurt smiled back.

He walked over to the fridge where they had some family pictures hanging up.

Sighing, he touched one that was of him, Blaine and Alexis. Alexis was only a few months old at the time. Kurt smiled.

"Daddy miss Papa?," he heard Alexis ask.

Kurt walked over to his daughter. He sat down at the table next to her.

"Yeah, Daddy misses Papa. He'll be home soon, baby," he assured her (and himself).
________________________

After breakfast, Kurt let Alexis watch cartoons while he did some paperwork for his job. Kurt was an author of a bestselling children's series: 'The Land of Stories'. After leaving NYADA, he was adamant about focusing on his books and his family.

Just then, there was a knock on the door. Kurt got up to see who it was. Looking through the peephole, he saw a general. Kurt's heart sank. He opened the door.

"Hi, how can I help you, sir?," he asked.

"Mr. Kurt Hummel-Anderson?," the general asked.

Kurt nodded, his heart lodged in his throat.

"I have some news about your husband Blaine..."
________________________
Oooh! Cliffhanger!! What do you think the news is? Comment below!

I'm updating this as often as I can.  Please, everyone, I understand that you want updates and you want to keep reading, but I'm doing the best I can.  I do have a life.  I apologize for the confusion on if the fic is Crisscolfer or Klaine.  It's KlaineThanks for reading!!

~SaraLiz36~