Chapter Eight

Sally's POV:

I was finishing of my new arc reactor so it would be quicker to swap the cores over dad was sitting in his car searching up Ivan Vanko. I drank some chlorophyll and got up picked up my now finished arc reactor and drink bottle and went over to dad I opened the door and sat in the car.

I gave dad the arc to check over he gave it back to me after giving it a look over "it's good" he said and I switched them over and listened in "Anton Vanko was a Soviet physicist who defected to the United States in 1963. However; he was accused of espionage and was deported in 1967. His son, Ivan, who is also a physicist, was convicted of selling Soviet-era weapons-grade plutonium to Pakistan, and served 15 years in Kopeisk prison. No further records exist" JARVIS summarised.

"Tony, you gotta get upstairs and get on top of this situation right now" Rhodey said as he made his way over to us "Listen. I've been on the phone with the National Guard all day, trying talk them out of rolling tanks up the PCH knocking down your front door and taking these they're going to take your suits okay there sick of the games you said nobody else would posies this technology for twenty year well guess what somebody else had it yesterday it's not theoretical anymore are you guys listening to me" he said shaking dads shoulder.

"You okay?" he asked, dad got out of the car and fell "Hey, hey" Rhodey said running over to him and helping him up "you alright" Rhodey asked dad "yeah I just need to get to my desk" dad said. I got up and went over to dad's desk Rhodey helping dad over I put my bottle on the table and opened the cigar box dad gave me his arc reactor.

"Is that supposed to be smoking?" Rhodey asked "If you must know its neutron damage it's from the reactor wall" I informed "you had that in your body?" Rhodey asked as I swapped over the old core for a new one.

"And how about the high-tech crossword puzzle on your neck?" he asked as dad swung around in his chair "road rash" dad said as I gave him his arc "thanks" dad said I sat on the desk and drank some more chlorophyll.

"What are you looking at?" dad asked "I'm looking at you two You wanna do this whole lone gunslinger act and it's unnecessary You don't have to do this be yourselves" Rhodey said "You Know, I wish I could believe that I really do" dad said "But you've gotta trust me Contrary to popular belief, I know exactly what I'm doing"

"Oh really okay then what about Monaco?" Rhodey asked "what about Monaco what about Ivan Vanko blowing himself up in an escape attempt I crushed his tech in my hand its gone and there's that fight on the track with the cars I won on points" dad explained.

"It was to close tony you know that" Rhodey said "tell me what to do coach" dad said "you go upstairs and tell them that Iron Man's back and you try and convince them that you're ready to be a team player" Rhodey said "let's go" dad said I jumped off the table and walked up the stairs with dad and Rhodey we walked into the living room were mum was on phone to someone.

"Hey Pepper Tony's ready his going make his statement" Rhodey called "actually I think a statement might be forth coming" mum said as we walked to the stairs and found Natalie and Eliza "I still have a birthday party to plan" dad stated reminding me "hello dear" dad said to Natalie "hey Eliza" I greeted as we walked up the stairs.

"What is our status" dad asked "The menus the DJ the guests are all finalised parking by the bluff" Natalie said wow I hadn't even started planning "Bluff parking that's how it should be" dad turned around and informed us.

"Can you come over tomorrow morning at like 8AM" I asked Eliza deciding I would start working on the details for my party tomorrow "yeah sure" she said "JARVIS lightening test" dad called as we walked into the upstairs room.

"Still Tony has a birthday party" Rhodey asked mum "were live on the air" mum yell whispered to Rhodey 'oh so that's who's on the phone' I thought as Natalie went on explaining the details about dads birthday party

"Tents late tomorrow afternoon" Natalie finished off "I'm not even gonna bother questing what the hell the tents are for" I mumbled so only Eliza could here as we walked into the bar.

"I need something salty" dad called with his head in the fridge "Why are you talking about tents?" Rhodey asked "It's going to be an intense party" dad said.

"Look I know it was a long time okay but could you please try to remember our convocation we just had done stairs" Rhodey begged "It is a fundraiser for the firefighters family fund" dad told Rhodey as I pulled a Dr Pepper out of the fridge.

"Oh the firefighters family fund bet you can't say that after two or three of those" Rhodey challenged "let's find out" dad said.

Dad walked over to mum and took the phone off her. I sat on the bench as mum ran after dad "wait, wait, wait Tony wo" mum yelled running after dad.

"This is you, you good to go?" dad asked walking outside talking into the phone "I have a prepared statement I'm sorry, I'm fine, his toast, I won, Iron Man is back on watch" dad yelled I jumped of the bench and began to run outside when Rhodey grabbed my arm and pulled me to his chest preventing me from going anywhere.

"Short and sweet you get that" dad yelled looking up and the helicopter making peace signs then turned to us with two thumbs up "is that what you meant?" dad asked Rhodey. Dad then turned back around and held up peace signs again.

"This is not helping" mum said looking at Rhodey and me I tried to break free of Rhodey again but failed, he was too strong. Rhodey finally let me go when dad came back in and the news reporter said "so Tony Stark assures us that Iron Man is back on watch but his continuing erratic behaviour leads us to believe, can this man still protect us? And what about his daughter where is she?"