Chapter Seven

Sally's POV:

We were in one of dads private plane heading home when I got a message from dad saying that my core has been depleted "I'm going to find dad" I told mum getting up and walking out.

I quickly found him and sat down on one of the stools. I took out my arc and gave it to dad he swapped the cores over and gave it back "there running out quick" I said as I only changed it this morning.

I poked my finger scarred of what it would say "42% blood toxicity" JARVIS read "what's yours?" I asked dad sucking on my finger that's now bleeding "64%" he said "what are we going to do?" I asked putting my head on the bench.

****

We went back up to see mum an hour later with the food we had just made it was half burnt but I thought we did pretty good since the last time we burnt down the kitchen making pan cakes.

Mum was watching the news and the senate from our hearing the other week was going on and on "It's just unbelievable. It proves that the genie is out of the bottle and this man has no idea what he's doing. He thinks of the Iron Man weapon as a toy. I was at a hearing where Mr and Miss Stark, in fact, were adamant that these suits can't exist anywhere else, don't exist anywhere else, never will exist anywhere else, at least for five to ten years, and here we are in Monaco realizing, Ohoh These suits exist now as for Miss Stark there's no discipline on the fifteen year old kid she can go out and do whatever the hell she wants..." I grind my teeth at the Senates words.

"Mute" dad and I said in sync "he should give us a medal that's the truth" dad said. I nodded and sat down across from dad with my bag of chips.

"What's that" mums said to the box dad was holding with the burnt meal "this, your inflate meal" dad said "did you just make that" mum said "yeah where do you think I've been for three hours" dad said.

"Tony what are you not telling me" mum said "I don't want to go home at all let's cancel my birthday party and we're in Europe. Let's go to Venice, Cipriani. Remember?" Dad said "Oh, yes" mum said.

"It's a great place to be healthy" dad said "I don't think this is the right time we're in kind of a mess" mum said "Yeah, but maybe that's why it's the best time" dad said.

"Well, I think as the CEO I need to show up" mum said "As CEO, you are entitled to a leave" dad said "A leave?" mum said "A company retreat" dad said "A retreat? During a time like this?" mum said.

"Well, I'm just saying, to recharge our batteries and figure it all out" dad said "Not everybody runs on batteries, Tony" mum said.

I sank into my chair put my earbuds in opened the bag of chips and watched The Flash on my tablet with my feet up on the table.