Chapter 20 - Guys Are Like Department Stores, Their Clothes Are Always 1/2 Off

Start from the beginning

"Ahem." Kyle grinned as she looked up at him after he interrupted her moment with my stomach.

"Well, can't say much about you." She smirked jokingly at him as he pretended he was hurt by her comment.

"Okay, all five of you smile!" My Mom exclaimed as we all smiled, and I'm sure the baby was smiling for the photo.

*****

"You know, dancing really doesn't do anything for the feet." I joked as I stood there moving along to the song with Kyle as he just shook his head at me.

"Maybe it's just a small sign that we should take a break and get some punch or something." He added as he looked at me worriedly.

"No, it's supposed to happen. I just get sore walking and stuff, it's completely normal." I said waving it off as I saw Jayden and Sam slow dancing to the upbeat song behind him which made me smile.

I'm almost one hundred percent sure after graduation Sam is going to propose to Jayden, and if he doesn't I'll be surprised. I'm actually certain that they are perfect for each other, there's just that way that he watches her and I have to admit I'm jealous of the two of them. Sometimes I wish I had someone that looked at me the exact same way.

"Hadley." I heard my name called from behind me as Kyle shot his head up and watched him as I recognized the voice.

"Just ignore him." I whispered to Kyle as I continued to dance with him as I saw Kyle watching him. His eyes didn't move which meant he hadn't moved either, he was just standing there watching us.

"Can I please cut in Kyle?" He asked as I was hoping Kyle wouldn't let him. I didn't want to dance with him, I just need a break from him.

"I don't think it's a good idea." Kyle replied as I let out a sigh of relief, but Kyle continued to watch him.

"You owe me, man." He told Kyle as Kyle tried to keep the laugh from coming out of his mouth.

"What do I owe you for?" He asked as I could feel other eyes wandering on us as I wished that I wasn't there in that moment. I would rather be throwing up in my bathroom at home right now because of morning sickness.

"You stole my girl." He stated as if it were an obvious thing.

"Connor, leave them alone." I heard Cole say as I knew that now people would definitely be watching us. The two best friends going at it during senior prom.

"Cole, stay out of it." He said as I could hear the anger in his voice.

"She just wants to be left alone." Quinn added as I could tell she was upset over the fact that he was bothering me and I couldn't even look at him right now.

"I just want to dance with her." He told them as if it were a crazy idea and I could see Jayden looking at me as if apologizing to me with her eyes.

"Fine." I said loud enough for them to hear me.

"Hadley, you don't have to." Kyle whispered knowing how I felt about all of this.

"I just don't want anymore drama here, at least not tonight." I whispered to him as he nodded his head at me and let my torso go.

Turning Connor stood there in a tux, and Quinn was right behind him watching carefully as the crowd began to disappear and everyone else went back to dancing.

"So it's been a while." He smiled as he grabbed my hand and placed it on his shoulder.

"Why do you want to dance with me?" I asked him as I knew Kyle was watching us, I could feel his eyes on me. Not burning through me, but he was just trying to be sure I was alright.