Chapter 6 - Guys Are Like Vacations, They Never Seem To Be Long Enough

"So Connor wants to be in this baby's life permanently then?" Quinn asked as we walked down the school hallways on Monday morning as I told her what happened on Saturday.

"Yeah, he's says he'll even pick up a small second job for as long as he can," I told her excited as we walked towards our lockers to get our books before the first bell rang.

"That's great! Does it mean you two are gonna date, or at least be friends?" She asked knowing he'd have to be back in my life, but she wasn't sure if she wanted to have anything to do with him unless it involved me.

"I really don't ink we're gonna date, sure we have fun together but I miss having him as a friend." I told her as we turned down the small hallway where our lockers were located.

"I guess that answers the question." She said as I looked up to see him at his locker making out with one of the cheerleaders.

My heart dropped to my stomach as I realized he's going to be involved in the baby's life, but he can also continue doing what he's been doing for the past four years. He can still sleep with hundreds of girls, he can still go out and party, and he can still disregard every females' feelings.

"Are you okay?" Quinn asked as I started walking again and just shook out of my tiny day dream, if you could even call it that.

"Yes, I just realized he's not going to stop doing this, a baby might even help him get more girls." I said sighing hoping one day he'll have actual consequences.

"Well, eventually he'll learn, he'll get herpes or something and realize he should never have slept with that many girls in the first place." She said as she walked right beside me to our lockers, where we stood right beside Connor and Shanelle.

"I hope so." I said with a small sigh as I opened my locker and grabbed my books and stuff for science class.

*****

"Hey," Connor said with a smile as he came and sat by my friends and me at lunch. Everyone sitting with me, stopped eating and just looked at him surprised he would even talk to us.

"Um, hi." I said looking at him wondering why he would possibly want to sit with us.

"Oh, sorry. Is this seat taken?" He asked with a smile as he acted like he had never done anything to us, as if the last four years never happened. He acted as if we were all still old friends, like him eating lunch with us is usual.

"Uh, no. I guess you can sit there," said Jayden with a strange look on her face.

"Okay," he said with a smile as he began to eat his quesadilla quietly as we all just looked at him.

"Connor," Mike began finally breaking the silence to ask the wandering question, "why are you sitting with us?"

"Well, Michael," he began as he swallowed his food, "that's a very good question. The answer, is that I thought I should sit and catch up with you all a bit before the end of the year."

"Really? You want to sit and talk to us?" Sam asked with a disbelieving look on his face, he knew Connor was just bullshitting.

"Of course, some of us used to be friends. I wanna catch up and see how life is," he said with a smile acting as if he felt welcomed into our table.