Dads (Part 1)

Barry's POV

I was so happy for today. Naldo and I were meeting our new son at the adoption facility. I put on a decent looking red sweater. I wanted to come off as loving and kinda goofy I guess. Naldo put on a blue shirt over his plaid undershirt and combed back his hair. To me, he gave off a loving yet serious dad kinda look.

"Oh no you don't" I told him while taking the hat out of his hand.

"But Barry, hats are me.  I haven't wore them in a while, it's a special day." he complained. I shook my head no and he listened. "Only cause I love you." He said kissing me gently. I got into the passenger side of our vehicle and enjoyed the view as Naldo drove. He was very tense for some reason, does he want to be a father? As we got out of the vehicle, he face was pure fear. I walked over to him.

"Hey babe, you okay?" I said rubbing his back.

"I-I guess I'm a- littl-e nervous," he quietly said.

"Why? Don't you want to be a father too?" I asked confused.

"Of course Barry, I want us to be loving dads to a kid. But what if that isn't what the kid wants. What if they don't want two dads? What if they don't want us?" Naldo teared up and his voice cracked, "What if I am not meant to be a father?" I grabbed his hand. 

"You listen here Renaldo, you are an astounding guy. A charismatic husband and you will be an amazing father too. We have to promise to give this child the world, to be there for them, to be caring, and to love him. You are one hell of a guy to give all your love to me and a child. You are meant to be a father, and as your husband I promise to stay by your side and we will do this together." My voice began to crack.

Naldo began to put a smile on his face and wiped the tears away, "Okay Barry, let's do this."  I kissed him on the cheek and we interlocked fingers and began to walk through the front door of the adoption building.