Second guess

Rapunzel
I was so relieved when I caught Jack in the palace garden. I really needed his sympathy. I just felt so good to let it all out as I cried into his shoulder. The death of my father hit me harder than anyone could ever know.

No one shared my pain. It felt like no one understood. But Jack does. He always understood me better than anyone. Even my parents.

I wanted to hug him forever but I knew that it would never happen. He's with Elsa remember!? I slowly pry myself off him and look into his blue eyes. I miss you, they seemed to say. I miss you too. I wanted to say back.

I've thought about Jack a lot over these past few months since the convention.

"Come. I'm sure the others are wondering were you are." I say. I lead him down the stairs and into the lobby. Sure enough Elsa, Anna and other guests were packed in the three story foyer.

"Rapunzel! Oh my gosh are you alright? I'm sorry about Uncle Corona. Oh we have so much to talk about!" Anna grabbed me by the arm and dragged me up to my room. I looked back at Jack but his attention seemed to be on Elsa. Figures.

Jack
I've made a mistake. I thought immediately after Rapunzel followed Anna upstairs. I'm still in love with Rapunzel. No matter how many times I kiss Elsa, each time I do it I can only think of her. I can't marry Elsa like this! I just can't!

"You alright babe?" Elsa asks me.
"Yeah. Uh just thinking that's all." Elsa gave me a we'll talk later look.

«»«»«»«»«»«»«»

The funeral lasted for three torturous days. It was terrible. On the third night everyone gathers around the Kings casket to day there last goodbyes. At the end of the ceremony a giant crane lifts the coffin up and drops it into the sea.

"There he goes. Right next to mom." I hear Rapunzel say to Anna.
"Dont worry. He's in a better place now." Says Anna.

«»«»«»«»«»

"What do you mean we can't leave?!?" Yells Elsa. It's been less than 24 hours since the King was dropped into the sea and already, Elsa is trying to go back to party planning. Wait till I tell her the weddings off. All this hard work and stress for nothing.

"I'm afraid that the storm last night poked some holes in our boat. One even sunk last night." Reports Chester.
"Well, how long to get it fixed?"
"Ah, approximately two months."
"WHAT?!?" Elsa shouts.
"Now calm down my Queen. We are working as fast as we can! But the damage is just too much! We had to order another boat. I'm sorry."
I get to spend another 2 months in Corona here with Rapunzel? This has to be some sort of sign!

I took off flying towards the palace. I've gotta tell Rapunzel the good news! And more importantly. I've gotta tell her how I feel!