Chapter 17: Bodyguards

I was fully dressed and went downstairs to find the living room. Once I finally found it, everyone was sitting around the gigantic room. Crips, and Bloods. In the same room. What the hell. I sat down in the empty chair.

"You are dismissed." Reina spoke out loud. I'm guessing she was talking to the gangs in the room. They all got up and left, leaving a few people behind. I uncomfortably sat in the chair and looked around.

"Paris. You are in more danger than you think. With all the... Friends... That you've made since you've been in Compton, people are after you. Your boyfriend August is the most wanted drug lord in the country if you didn't know, of course no one knows he's the drug lord. His underground name is Prince, so no one has any evidence that he is Prince. The people in this room, and you now, are the only people that know and we vowed never to eat him out. Believe it or not, me and Reina have been sent, by August, to look after you. Someone here in Compton wants you dead. We don't know who or why, but they do. So me and Reina will be your bodyguards until this 'threat' is gone. Understood?" Jaiden said with a straight face.

I nodded my head vigorously. Who wants me dead? Why are they after me in the first place?

"I'm going to have to stay with you. Jaiden will be living with August just to keep a close eye on you and help August find out who is causing all this." Reina added. I nodded my head again as if I understood. The truth was, I really didn't understand what was going on at all, but I guess I'll figure it out.

"Go get some sleep. Us three will be leaving first thing in the morning." Reina said. I nodded my head and rushed upstairs, closing the door behind me. I climbed in the King sized bed and turned off the lamp.

Just a few minutes later I heard a creak. I assumed it was the stairs so I went back to sleep. I suddenly felt a shift in the sheets. I shot up and turned the lamp on. I turned around and was face to face with Jaiden. "What the hell you doing in my bed?!" He shouted. "I-I... Reina said I could sleep in here. I didn't know it was your room... I'll leave." I said picking up my stuff and heading for the door. I stood out in the hallway.

That was crazy.

"Why are you out here?" Reina said coming out her room. "You told me I could sleep in Jaiden's room, that I didn't know was his room at the time, and he got in the bed with me... I don't think he knew I was there." I blushed. "Oh! I'm so sorry... I meant to send you to the guest room..." She said staring at the ground.

"That's the guest room down there. Last door." She said briefly before disappearing into her darkness-filled room. I walked down the corridor and flopped onto the guest bed.

-MORNING-

"Good morning Paris. Wake up... We have to get going." I heard Jaiden's voice from behind me. I groaned and rolled around, watching him leave the side of my bed and out the door. I made my way to the bathroom and saw that they had left an outfit to wear. A Juicy Couture sweat suit... Cute. I thought as I hopped into the shower. After taking care of my hygienes, I got dressed and went downstairs.

Reina and Jaiden were at the door holding hands. "Awe... That's cute." I said kind of in a sarcastic tone. Reina smiled while her boyfriend kept a straight face.

-BACK IN COMPTON-

Me and Reina had dropped Jaiden off at August's house before heading over to mine.

"This is my place!" I said welcomingly. "Wow, it's amazing..." She said breathlessly. She handed me my purse and keys from when they kidnapped me. I shakily took it and grabbed my keys, suddenly missing their metal touch. I unlocked the door and slowly opened it. I dropped my bag in shock. Right in front of the door, there's a wall that on either side leads into the kitchen and living room. On it was pink spray painted writing:

BREAK UP WITH THE BOYFRIEND! OR ELSE...

I read the line over and over. "Who would do this?!" I eventually came out and said. "Do you know anyone that might do this?" Reina asked.

"Toronto!" I shouted without hesitation.

"Toronto? Who is that?" Reina said confused. "I'll tell you later." I said softly.

I showed her to her room and called the salon and made up some lie so they would excuse me the day I was out. Once I was done, I laid back on my bed and stared at the ceiling. "God, I don't know if you can here me, or if your even there, but all I ask is that you help me through this tough time... I hear you do it for a reason, but I really need you right now." I talked into air.

"What are you doing baby?" August said entering the room.

"Aug!" I screamed jumping on him. He snaked his arms around me and spun me around. "I love you too ma." He whispered in my ear. "August..." I looked up and into his eyes. I really love this man... I never expected him to tell me he loved me just yet, or that one line at all...

"I love you too." I said softly just before us sharing a deep, passionate kiss.

-LATER-

"I forgot to tell you, Amber is hosting a baby shower next week and she wants us to come." I said playing with August's chin hairs. "Oh I know. She ran into me at the grocery store and told me about it." He responded.

August's POV

Little does Paris know I have a huge surprise for her waiting at Ambers baby shower...

😌

What's the surprise? Anybody want to guess? We'll see what it is in the next chapter! Sorry if this one was short, I had writers block for a little bit...

~Vote and Comment~