Chapter 16: Reality

I sat up and looked around. I'm in my own room? Was that a dream? It felt so real though...

It was 9:08 on the clock. I must have came home from work and took a nap. I thought to myself still looking around. I went downstairs and saw my mom at the table with a picture of me and August in her hand. "Mom?" I asked quietly. "Your with the drug lord, eh?" She said tears welling in her eyes. "Mommy... I-" She cut me off. "You know I taught you better to not be hanging around those hoodlums. I told you before you moved back to watch out for that little boy August, and what do you do? You start dating him! Am I right or am I wrong here?" She said angrily.

"Mom... He's not what you think. He...He..." I couldn't think of anything to say. "HE WHAT, PARIS VICTORIA SANDERS?!" She latched on to what I said. "He's. Amazing. He's sweet, caring... He's everything I didn't expect him to be. At first I thought he was terrible. Just another drug dealer on the street. Turns out, he would do anything for me! I love him. No matter what you say, I love him. He loves me for me and never would let me get in harms way. August Alsina is my boyfriend. I am NOT ashamed about it either! So if you don't mind, I have a life to live. I'm not your little girl anymore. I know from my right and my wrongs now. Mom. I love you with all my heart but if you don't trust me then there is no way that I can be as close to you as I want to be." I ranted.

Mom has always been hard on me about my decisions. She even almost forced me to become a doctor. My GPA was high enough to get into and Ivy League school, but I moved to Compton to get away from her and so I wouldn't have to go into the medical field. The truth about it was, that I was into nail art ever since I was 10. I vowed that I would become a nail artist for a big celebrity one day, and at that point in time my mom thought it was "cute" and told me that I could do whatever I wanted if I put my mind to it.

"I'm sorry Victoria. As your mother, I only want the best for you. All this time I just wanted you to have the life you deserved. You know I love you too, baby. I'll make you a deal. I meet August. If he makes a good impression, I'll let you be with him. If not... You have to break up with him on the spot." She smiled. I shook her hand and hugged her.

"Deal." I said into her shoulder.

-NEXT DAY-

Today was a busy day at work. Everyone was having a good time until a masked man came in. Everyone froze as he walked down the isle of stations. He stopped at me. He swiftly grabbed my wrist and yanked me out of the chair, throwing me over his shoulder.

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME!" I screamed kicking my legs and pounding him in the back. A customer called the police but it was too late. The man carried me outside and threw me into the trunk. I looked at his covered face just before the trunk door closed, and I was surrounded by darkness.

Unknown POV

"Is she here yet?" ?¿ said. "Yeah. I'm about to unload her from the car now." I said looking back at the Maybach.

Paris's POV

I slowly opened my eyes and blinked a couple of times since my vision was still really blurry. In front of me was the girl and boy from my dream?! The hell is going on here! These people were real?!

My heart started racing. They were slowly making out in the chair until the realized I was there. The guy looked towards me then back at the girl on his lap. "Go Reina. I'll see you later tonight." He said tapping her butt. She got up and walked out. We sat listened to heels click until we couldn't hear them anymore.

Once she was officially gone I went right back into panic mode. "Why am I here?! WHO ARE YOU!" I shouted even though I already knew who he was. The man from my dream. "Calm down. I'm not going to hurt you. But you will be here a while." He said calmly. "Why?!" I shouted again. "If you don't calm your damn voice down!" He shouted back.

I shut up quick and sat back in the chair I was handcuffed to. "My name is Jaiden. Your step-dad, Peter, is the most well known gambler here in Las Vegas. We've been stalking you and he wanted you here. We can't let you go until we hear word from him to do so. And since he's in jail... We plan on breaking him out of Compton County Jail, and we are counting on YOU to help us do it." Jaiden said with a smile.

"Fuck no! I'm not helping you guys do shit. If I get caught up in some illegal shit like this my life will be ruined. I'm not going to jail for being an accomplice. Nope, nope, nope." I said standing my ground. "What about for 6 million dollars?" Jaiden asked opening a case full of bundles of money. My eyes widened.

I need the money... I can keep living off of savings for the rest of my life. The nail shop doesn't pay me enough. But then again I'm doing something that makes me happy... I don't want to loose everything I already have by getting into something I don't want to be apart of. "I'd rather stay here for the rest of my life then help you fools!" I said firmly.

"Hm. Smart girl. Help us with a few tiny details and we'll let you go." He said. "Who's 'we'?" I looks around. He did a hand motion and a flood of crips came into the room.

No, no, no this can't be happening.

"Now I'm not a crip myself, but I'm sure your familiar with the Florida Ranks? A newer gang down there?" He asked. I nodded my head. "Good. I'm apart of their group. Just down here doing some business, but trust me, Miss Paris... I will be seeing you soon. Very soon to be exact." He continued.

"Let her go!" Reina snapped her finger and ordered someone to unlock my handcuffs. "I'll escort you back to the bedrooms." Reina said leading me through the gigantic mansion. "This is where you will be staying for the night. I'll take you back home in the morning. There are some clothes for you in the bathroom." She said sweetly.

"Change into your pajamas and meet me downstairs in 30. See you." She said closing the door behind her.

😓

What do you think will happen in the next chapter? Does Reina seem a little too nice to you? What about Jaiden? We're you surprised meeting him and Reina was all a dream? Stay in for the next part of Pink Champagne! (P.S.) This book will be ending in a few chapters, sadly... So enjoy the rest! Should there be a sequel?

~Vote and Comment~