Chapter Thirty Five

Start from the beginning

"Man, that's mean," Shikamaru said, "I like it!" I felt several nurses leave the building. Hm, maybe they're going to lunch. Sakura's mind entered soon after. We are about to go to Choji's room, but I sensed Gaara enter Lee's room.

"Guys... we have to go to Lee's room!" I'm of my stool in a flash, dragging the two boys behind me by there ears. They complain enough that I eventually let go, but they keep running with me. We enter Lee's room, only to see Gaara about to kill him.

Shikamaru does his shadow posession on him, and Naruto hits him. "What were you planning to do?" Naruto demands.

"I was going to kill him," Gaara rasps.

"What?" Naruto is completely  shocked. 

"You already beat him, why do you want to kill him now?" Shikamaru questioned.

"I have nothing against him," Gaara mutter monotonously. "It's really nothing that complicated. I just want to kill him, that's all," He explained. I nodded my understanding.

Naruto didn't quite get it. "Well your sick in the head, your crazy!" he shouts. 

"If you don't stay out of the way, I'll have to kill you three as well," Gaara declares emotionlessly. 

Shikamaru tries to bluff his way out of the situation.

"I'll say it once more," Gaara warns, "If you get in my way, I'll kill you," His blood lust doubled. I glared at him. I wanted to kill him... badly I don't understand why. What has he done to me? At times, I even empathize with him!

"Try it!" Naruto shouts.

"Shut up! This guy fights like a demon!" Shikamaru hisses.

"Yeah? Well I have the real thing inside of me!" Naruto declares. The nine tails.

Gaara closes his eyes. "A demon, huh?" He breathes, "My demon is as real as yours is. From my birth, my upbringing is not what most people would consider a happy one,"

Oh, yeah? Try and beat out mine!

"To ensure that I became the strongest of shinobi, my father cast his ninjutsu on me," Gaara rasped, "He infused my unborn self with a sand spirit. I destroyed the life of the woman who gave birth to me... I was born a monster,"

A sand spirit? Shikamaru thought in shock.

"It's name is Shukaku, and it was previously sealed up in a jar of tea," Gaara informed us.

"Gee, your dad must have loved you a lot," Shikamaru said sarcastically. 

I turned to Shikamaru with a growl. "Speak not of what you don't understand!" I hissed. Everyone, including Gaara, looked at me in shock.

"You speak of love? Don't measure me by your standards. Love... Family... The only emotional ties I have to my family are ties of hate. Given life by the death of my mother, I was brought into being and nurtured as the salvation of the village. I was the Kazekage child,

"That's when it started. In the six years since I became six, my father has tried to kill me more times then I can count!" Naruto and Shikamaru gasp. "Those who become to strong are apt to become feared," Gaara glanced at me, "I eventually became a threat to the very village I was meant to save.

"By the time I was six I was feared and shunned. I was a relic of the past that they wished  would dissapear. So you see, I failed at the one purpose for which I had been given life. What point was there for me to exist, why go on living? In order to live you need a purpose. To exist for no reason is the same as being dead!"

I stare at him in shock. He understands... at least that much about me.

"I live solely for myself, I love only myself. As it was the death of my mother that gave me life, it's the death of others that sustains me."

We're so different... but we're so close to being the same! Naruto thought in shock.

Sand shoots up around Gaara. I dissapear and reappear behind Gaara. "But Gaara..." I whisper in his ear, "Would these deaths make you feel so alive? Admit it, they are just blips compared to who you wish to kill...," He turns and looks me in the eye.

"Would there deaths give you so much pleasure? I know you care not for them, compared to Sasuke Uchiha... and.... me," The sand begins to shoot towards Naruto and Shikamaru.

"Their deaths will bring you pain!" He growls.

 Thankfully, Gai blocked it. I shivered and escaped out the window. Hate Gai. So... weird. I jump across several rooftops, surprised to see it was nearly night time. 

Soon I would have to explain myself to my teammates. Soon I would have to fight in the matches tomorrow. Soon, soon, soon. I pull out my songbook and begin to write. By the time I'm done, it's nearly midnight.

I'm staring at my book in shock. What posessed me to write a song about Gaara

I sigh, deciding to sing it anyway.

"Monster"

The secret side of me
I never let you see
I keep it caged
But I can't control it
So stay away from me
The beast is ugly
I feel the rage
And I just can't hold it

It's scratching on the walls
In the closet, in the halls
It comes awake
And I can't control it
Hiding under the bed
In my body, in my head
Why won't somebody come and save me from this?
Make it end!

I feel it deep within,
It's just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster
I hate what I've become
The nightmare's just begun
I must confess that I feel like a monster
I, I feel like a monster

My secret side I keep
Hid under lock and key
I keep it caged
But I can't control it
Cause if I let him out
He'll tear me up
And break me down
Why won't somebody come and save me from this?
Make it end!

I feel it deep within,
It's just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster
I hate what I've become
The nightmare's just begun
I must confess that I feel like a monster

I feel it deep within,
It's just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster
I, I feel like a monster

It's hiding in the dark
It's teeth are razor sharp
There's no escape for me
It wants my soul,
It wants my heart

No one can hear me scream
Maybe it's just a dream
Maybe it's inside of me!!!
Stop this monster!

I feel it deep within,
It's just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster
I hate what I've become
The nightmare's just begun
I must confess that I feel like a monster

I feel it deep within,
It's just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster
I'm gonna lose control
It's something radical
I must confess that I feel like a monster

I, I feel like a monster [4x]

I stiffen when I realize that Gaara is sitting only a few feet away from me. "I've never heard more truthful words in my life," He muttered. I stare at him in shock. Well, I guess I captured the situation in this song. 

I smiled slightly and tear the page out of the book, holding it out to him. This is the first time I've ever given someone a song. He stares at it for a moment, but then sends several granules of sand to it, lifting it from my hand.

I expect no thank you and I don't recieve one. But it's enough for me that he took it. The question I was asking myself now was, Why do I even hate Gaara?

And, do I really hate him?

______________________________________________________________________

How'd you guys like it? Do you like the song?

Comment, vote, or follow if you want a dedication!

Hope you enjoyed this!

(Scribble, we still gotta plan the three couples wedding XD Can supermassiveblckhole be a bridesmaid? Oh, and HIIIIII supermassiveblckhole !!!!)

Comment! Vote!

Bye!

gaara119