Chapter Thirty Five

Start from the beginning

I slowly nodded. "What do you need to know?" I asked fearfully.

"Everything,"

Of course. Why did I even ask? But I slowly begin to explain, everything from not having parents, to traveling from village to village, to Orochimaru experimenting on me. I finally finished and stared at the floor, scared to look the Hokage in the eye. 

There was silence for a good three minutes as he took all the information in. I refrained from reading his mind, not wanting to invade my Hokage's privacy. 

That's why it came as a total surprise when he leaned over and hugged me. 

I stiffened, but he ignored it, just gently squeezing me into his embrace. "I'm sorry, child. It's wrong for you to have gone through so much, so young," He murmured. I looked at him with newfound respect as he straightened.

"I have personally vouched for you to stay in the village, along with your teammates, of course," He chuckled. "They didn't even know anything, just caught wind that you may get kicked out of the village,"

I nodded. "Don't worry, I'm planning on telling my teammates," I sigh. The Hokage nods and leaves. I lay there for a couple of minutes when I decide to visit Naruto. I get up and walk over to his door, rapping gently on it.

I feel Gaara's presence enter the building just as Naruto begins to groan slightly. I knock again. "Uh... Come in..." Naruto groans. I open the door, stepping in hesitantly. I nod to Shikamaru then give Naruto a close eyed smile.

"They say you've been out for almost four weeks..." Shikamaru tells me. I stare at him in shock. Four.... weeks? But that means.... "And you've been out for three days straight!" 

"THREE DAYS!?! Shikamaru, when does the final competition begin?!?" Naruto voiced my thoughts perfectly.

"Uh, tomorrow!" Shikamaru says.

I grab a second stool and sit down. Naruto begins freaking out. "I think I liked him better when he was in a coma," Shikamaru groaned. I laugh lightly.

"HOLD UP!" Naruto shouts, suddenly stopping. "Keira-chan?" He looks at me. "YOU'RE OKAY! YOU'RE ALL BETTER!" He launches himself at me, wrapping his arms around my neck. I hesitantly place my arms around his waist, also giving him a hug before removing mysself from his grip.

"Uh, yeah," I murmur, "I'm okay," 

Suddenly, Naruto turned away, a depressed aurora around him. "Are you... okay?" Shikamaru asked.

Naruto's and my stomach rumbled at the same time. "Yeah, I'm really starving," Naruto complained.

"You? You ate three days ago! I've benn out for nearly a month! I'm literally starving!" I exclaim.

Shikamaru pulled out a fruit basket. I grinned, grabbing a kunai from Shikamaru's pouch. I'm both eating a banana and dicing up the pineapple as Shikamaru talks. I suddenly stope. "Shikamaru..." I turn towards him.

"Yeah?" 

"Have you ever noticed..." I hold up the pineapples top, "That your hair looks exactly like a pineapples?"

He blushed. "Does not!" He shouted. I shrugged and continued eating. Naruto takes an apple, the only piece of fruit I allowed him to take from me, and was about to eat it but stopped short.

"What is it now?" Shikamaru asked.

Naruto giggled evilly. "Let's eat it in front of Choji, it'll drive him nuts!" I frown. That's mean. But I go wherever the fruit basket goes. I had finished the pineapple and was working on a pear. So. Hungry.