Heroes

I got a call from Scott in the middle of the night.

Scott: Kira found the missing pack. I'll be there to get you. Where are you?
Haley: I'm at Liam's
Scott: okay I'll pick you both up

"Liam. Scott is on his way to get us." I said
"For what?" He asked
"I don't really know. He said Kira found the missing pack."
"Satomi's pack?"
"I guess so"

We heard a knock on the door. We went downstairs and it was Scott. He gave us 2 motorcycle helmets.
"Kira found Brett and his sister at the school. Someone was trying to kill them. She also found the rest of the pack. Or what's left of it." Scott said as he started walking to the door and I followed behind him. Scott turned around to see Liam not moving and he sat his helmet on the table.
"How about you just stay here. Both of you" Scott said
"I'm not like you" Liam said
"Not yet." Said Scott
"I'm not saying that I'm not strong. Or that I'll never be in control, but you all try to help everyone. I mean how are you all still even alive?" Liam asked
"Not all of us are" Scott explained. "Look maybe you should just stay home. Haley, you stay too. I'll let you and Stiles know what happens in the morning"
'Thank you' I mouthed and me and Liam handed Scott his helmets and we went back to bed.

The next morning I saw a text from Scott. It said everyone's fine. Doing good. Found everyone who is still alive. Make sure you tell Stiles because he wasn't texting me back. I sat up and texted Stiles.

Haley: are you awake?
Stiles: call me

I called Stiles

Stiles: me, Lydia, and dad are at the station
Haley: why? How long have you been there
Stiles: all night. Meredith isn't dead so we're investigating her. We think she knows who the benefactor is. If it's not her. She hasn't talked yet but I think Lydia can get her to talk.
Haley: be careful. Scott texted me. He has Satomi's pack. Or what's left of it.
Stiles: that's good. Where are you going?
Haley: where ever you go I guess.
Stiles: I'm going home because I need to listen to this tape I took from Brunski about Lydia's grandmother. Want me to pick you up?
Haley: yeah sure.
Stiles: be there in a minute.

"Liam" I said pushing him over so he'd wake up.
"Yes" Liam said
"Stiles is coming to get me we have to figure something about about this whole benefactor thing."
"Okay. You want me to come with?"
"Yeah if you want"
"Yeah, don't really wanna be alone. You know since I'm worth 18 million dead"
"I understand"

Me and Liam hopped in the jeep with Stiles. We got home and Malia was there. Maybe she could get the clues we couldn't. Stiles started the tape.
"Did you hear that?" Malia asked
"No. What was it?" Stiles replied
"Play it again" Malia asked and Stiles played it again
"Right there." She said "it's the record player at the lake house."
"Why did Lorraine go to the lake house to listen to a record player play nothing?" I asked
"Well she was like Lydia, right?" Liam asked
"Yeah she predicted Maddys death And she spent decades trying to predict something else" Stiles interrupted.
"So maybe she did. But this time it wasn't one death, but a lot of deaths." Malia said
"Like the dead pool" Stiles and I said at the same time.
"We're going to the lake house" Stiles said grabbing his keys.

On our way to the lake house I decided to call Scott to see how it was going. He didn't answer. I got kind of worried so I kept texting him. Nothing.

We got to the lake house and went to the study. We all hovered around the record player.
"This is pointless. We're not like Lydia. We're just listening to a record that doesn't play anything." I said and Stiles turned off the record player and were going to leave.
"Stiles. I can still hear it" Malia said.
"But it's off" I said
"I can hear something spinning" Malia said
"I can too" Liam stated

I looked behind the record player to see a wire into the wall. I nudged Stiles and pointed to it. We looked at each other for a second then Stiles grabbed the wire and started pulling it. It made a whole up the wall and we started pulling it apart. It was a big monitor. Stiles facetimed Lydia.

Lydia: I don't know anything about monitors from the 1970s
Malia: neither do we
Stiles faced his phone to the floor
Lydia: wait point the phone at the carpet
Stiles: why? (But did as told)
Lydia: that doesn't make sense
Stiles: what?
Lydia: there should be a wine stain on the floor
Stiles: so?
Lydia: red wine doesn't just disappear. I gave the $500 to Brunski that I was going to use to clean the carpet. Well the ashes weren't ashes, the study isn't a study, and the record player isn't a record player so maybe the wine wasn't wine.
Lydia: Haley you have to get the wine. It's on the table.

I got the wine and ran because to the study and handed Stiles the wine.
"I think there's something in it" I said shaking the bottle
"Is there like a wine opener?" Stiles asked when Malia took the wine and threw it on the floor and it shattered.
"That works too" Stiles said as he reached down and grabbed the key out of the glass pieces. He ran over to the monitor and put the key in the key hole. He looked around then turned it. I guess the dead pull was over. Liam hugged me. A couple minutes later Scott texted me back.

Scott: sorry. A bunch of hunters came to the warehouse trying to hunt us. But then I pulled out one of the guys phones and it said "all accounts terminated." I guess the dead pool was over.
Haley: that's what I was going to tell you. We were at the lake house. There was a monitor in the wall that was the dead pool. Meredith made it.

Lydia called Stiles and told him to get to the station. We took Malia and Liam home and we went to the station. Peter had his claws in the back of Meredith's neck and Meredith was whispering something in gibberish but Lydia could hear it clearly. She was translating it to us. They were in the same hospital together after the fire and after Lydia's grandmother drove Meredith crazy. She could hear every thought that Peter thought it went right into Meredith's head. He made the dead pool in his head and Meredith just did it. Peter made it and didn't even remember.

They kept Meredith at the station and let Peter go.
"How about you all go home" dad said to me and Stiles
"Your probably right" Stiles said putting his hand on my shoulder.
"You want me to take you home, Lydia?" Stiles asked
"No, I think I'm gonna talk to Meredith." Lydia responded
"Be careful" Stiles said
"You too" Lydia replied

Me and Stiles got home and I jumped I to bed and fell fast asleep