Only a Matter of time

"Everything?" Nightwing sighed in disbelief.

"Everything." Raven smiled at him reassuringly.

"Ugghhh..." Nightwing put his hands to his face. "When Slade kidnapped me, I thought for sure you guys should come and save me, but when you never came, I...almost believed you guys didn't care enough to look for me. I know, that wasn't the case, but...I just lost all hope, and I couldn't get free myself and...I thought he'd won." Nightwing sighed heavily. He couldn't believe he was doing this.

"Okay, continue." Raven prodded. He must feel like he's been to hell and back...

"I...when he had control of me, I tried, I really did! But I couldn't stop myself! And then I...I..." Nightwing trailed off not continuing.

"You what?" Raven nodded at him to continue.

"I...gave in. If I only resisted a bit harder maybe I could of-"

"Nightwing." Raven interrupted. "I understand why you gave in. No matter how hard you could off tried, you wouldn't have been able to stop yourself. Giving in was the probably the best thing to do, you could of gotten a really bad headache if you hadn't."

"But-"

"No buts about it! Just once, believe me on this. You did your best, and that's all we can expect from you." Raven interrupted him once more.

Nightwing sighed. "Okay."

"Good. Anything else?" Raven asked carefully.

"No, that's it." He lied. There was more, he didn't feel like telling her right now.

"Now don't you feel much better?" Raven smiled.

"Uh, yeah! So much better!" Nightwing lied again. Raven could tell something was off, but she didn't pursue him to tell her anymore.

Raven nodded. "Okay. See you later."

"Oh yeah, later." Nightwing waved her off as he left the room in a hurry.

Raven sighed as she watched him leave. Still hoping he'd be okay soon.

_______________________________________

They think everything is okay now. That everything is, back to normal. But they couldn't be more wrong. It's time for plan B. I'm a but disappointed in Robin, or is it Nightwing now? After all these years he's known me, he should know, I. Never. Ever. Give up. It's only a matter off time before I get everything I want.

"Sir? Is that you?" The old butler got up from his chair. "Sir?"

"Unfortunately yes. I'm back." He stepped out of the car and slammed the door behind him. "I'm guessing you heard what happened on the news."

"Yes I have." The elder let him into to the warm house. "I'm sorry things didn't work out."

"I'm sure you are. Don't worry, I have a plan B." Slade's footsteps echoed through the long hallway.

"I'm sure you do." Wintergreen followed closely behind him.

"I assure you, this time, even if I fail, It won't be a total loss, just like plan A wasn't a total loss." Slade stepped into the elevator.

"And, what have you gained from your trip to Gotham?" Wintergreen raised an eyebrow.

"Robin lost his confidence. I'm sure he'll never forget what happened, and I can use that to my advantage." Slade smirked as the elevator doors opened and Slade stepped out.

"What an accomplishment." Wintergreen rolled his eyes.

"Don't get all sarcastic with me. I know what I'm doing." Slade eyed him.