Metropolis

Yes I'm well aware of the title of this Story, Forever and Apprentice. But don't worry, the title will make sense when I get to the end of this story. It just won't be as you thought it was going to be.

_______________________________________

"Wake up Star. Star? Starfire?" Robin shook Starfire awake. "We're here."

Starfire yawned and sat up.

Even though Robin had gotten them first class seats, Robin was Unable to sleep. He was too busy thinking and trying to get over what had happened. He declined all food and drinks he was offered. He couldn't believe Slade had Gotten away...

"Are we in Metropolis?" Starfire brushed her hair straight.

"Yeah." Robin looked out the window. The plane was descending.

"We Don't have to stay a night in Metropolis if you don't want to." Robin pulled on his jacket.

"We shall see." Starfire answered as she gazed out the window.

"Please stow all tray tables and fasten your seat belts. We are going to land shortly." The flight attendant announced into the speaker.

"Who is this friend you wanted to see?" Starfire asked as Robin helped her fasten her seat belt.

"Just someone." Robin sighed and looked away. The plane was about touch the ground.

Starfire frowned. Robin wasn't going to tell her.

"We can stay at a hotel today." Robin told her while he was thinking about where he was going to meet this friend.

"Okay. Have you been to Metropolis before?" Starfire asked, hoping to get an answer this time.

"Yeah, I have. A long time ago." Robin replied, thinking about when he was here last.

"For what purpose did you come?" Starfire inquired.

"Batman and Superman were chasing the same villain, and so I had to come along." Robin replied, almost smiling thinking about the villain who thought he was so smart, not just going against Superman, but Batman? He had to be crazy.

"Oh." Starfire shrugged. The plane landed. "Oh! B..umpy." Starfire giggled.

When the plane finally stopped, the flight attendant spoke again. "Please remain seated until the seat belt sign has turned off."

Starfire sat up, eagerly waiting to get off the plane and stretch her legs.

When the seat belt sign turned off, and even before, people got up, and started to get their bags in a hurry.

"Come on Star." Robin stood up and grabbed his bag. Starfire nodded and they got off the plane and out of the airport. Much later, He had Starfire settled in a hotel, while he sought out his friend.

Robin, now fully clothed in his Robin costume for the first time a in while, made his way to the top of a building.

He just sat there on the top of the building, hoping that maybe, his friend would come by. Mostly because he didn't want to take an direct approach.

Robin was half hoping he wouldn't come by. And half hoping he would. It seemed peaceful and quiet. It gave him some time to think. His friends were worried about him, and it was hard to fake he was fine with Raven, and when his best friend that knew everything about him was near. But Kid Flash was gone for the moment.

And Raven in Jump City. He could fake it with Starfire easily. For now at least.

Maybe he would get better, it was just he didn't feel like himself. The trauma he had been trough, felt like it was too much.