12•Cry

____________Nick_____________
"How can you say he is a loving God?"she said.

"Oh Hanna.........please....please tell me what happened." I said in a shaky voice.

Terror came into her eyes. "I can't tell you." She said shaking her head."You will hate as much as I hate myself.
And I can't live knowing you hate me."

"Hanna! I could never hate you I don't care what you did, what happened,it doesn't matter. I just want you to know who God really is. Because he doesn't pick and choose who to save. He doesn't have favorites he doesn't choose who to let die.
I don't know why God lets good people die. Maybe it's because there is a purpose, a plan that you and I can not see yet and I know you don't want to hear that but Hanna but God has a reason for everything he does."

"What reason did he have for letting my parents die. What reason did he have to send my brother into the army,to "call" him into service. What reason did he have to make it rain that night 1 year ago today, to make the ground mud so my feet would slip, to make me weak so I couldn't pull him up over the edge of that cliff,to make my hands slip, to make me watch as my brother.........fell into a sea of black,swallowed by empty darkness?
TELL ME NICK,WHAT IS GODS REASON IN THAT! ...................What is his purpose in letting me kill my own brother?"

I stared at her. I didn't know what to say. She had struggled with this for so long all by herself and when she finally told someone, when she finally told me I didn't know what to say to her to make this better. To make everything ok.

So I didn't say anything,I just wrapped my arms around her and let her cry. I let her cry for hours in my arms.
And for now it seemed to be enough.