7•A New Friend

__________Hanna__________________
The rest of my day was pretty good.
For some reason I didn't feel like I was faking a smile. I didn't feel so sad.
I didn't feel so guilty.
After my conversation with Nick I went to my class and actually listened to what my teacher said. And it made sense for once.
After school was over I went to the library to get a book I needed for a English assignment.

"Excuse me." I said barely above a whisper to the librarian behind her desk.
"Could you tell me where to find books on Ancient Rome?"

She led me to a isle to the left and pointed to a section labeled "Rome".

I searched through the books for one that would be useful to me, and stacked a couple on top of each other to carry over to a table.
I sat down and searched through my book bag for a pen and tablet.

"Hello."a quiet voice came from above.
I looked up from my bag to find a short pretty girl with black hair and green eyes standing next to the table I sat at. "I think you go to my church."
She said with a smile. "Your Lisa Bennett's foster daughter right?"

"Yeah I am."

"My names Lilian.But people call me Lily.
What's your name?"

"Hanna."

"Oh that's so pretty."

"So is your name.....Lilian, I like it."

"Thank you." She smiled. So are you coming to the youth night next Wednesday?"

"Um....I don't know."

"Well I hope you do.Since we don't have have a very big youth group we go to another church. It's a really good church too, the Pastor is Peter Kane.
I think I've seen you hanging out with his son Nick right?"

"Yeah me and Nick are friends."

"Lily! There you are.Ive been looking all over for you. We're going to be late to pick Allie up."A boy probably 17 or so came up behind Lily. He had jet black hair like hers and the same green eyes.

She rolled her eyes. " and that terribly rude boy is my big brother Davis."

"Sorry." He said to me coming closer. "It's just we're going to be late picking up our little sister again and our moms not going to be very happy."he ended with a quick smile.

"Sorry Hanna I guess we'll have to talk later." She said standing up."come on Wednesday please."

"Okay I'll try to make it."

"You better. Goodbye Hanna."she said with a wave.

"Bye."
___________________*************________
Since I had to go to the library I missed the bus and had to walk home getting there much later than I usually would.

Lisa was sitting in her chair reading a book and looked up as soon as I walked in the door.
"Where have you been?"

"Sorry I'm so late Lisa I had to go to the library and then I missed the bus and had to walk home."

"Oh, well I could have come and picked you up."
"No I was fine. Sorry if I worried you. I guess I probably should have called."

"It's alright Hanna just make sure and let me know what's going on next time.
I have a business dinner with some clients tonight so you can order a pizza or something. Here I'll get you some money."

"Actually, I was going to ask if it was ok if I went to a friends for supper. He asked me to come over. But I said I would have to ask you first."

"A boy huh." She said with a strange smile on her face. "What's his name."

"Nick Kane, I think his dad is a pastor or something."

"Oh Peter and Abbey Kane. I know them,there nice people. Sure, you can go."
"Ok thanks. I'm going to go get ready."

"Do you need a ride?"
Just then my phone rang.
"Just a second that's Nick now.
Hello............