9•

_____________Nick_______________

"The food was amazing Mrs.Kane. Thank you for having me."Hanna said after we finished the meal.

"Your welcome here any time Hanna, and I told you it's Abbey."

"Right."she smiled.

"So Hanna, who's your parents?" Asked my dad.

"My foster mom is Lisa Bennett."

"Oh. What happened to your biological parents?if you don't mind me asking."

"Dad!"
"No it's alright." She said even though I could tell she didn't really want to talk about it. "they died, in a car accident." She looking down at her hands in her lap. " 11 months ago."

"I'm so sorry honey." My mom said.

"It's ok....."she shrugged. "Lisa's really good to me.And we get along well. I know I'm luckier than most kids in my situation."
Hanna looked like she was fighting tears, I wish that they would stop talking about it and leave her alone. I couldn't stand to see her cry.
I couldn't stand to see anyone cry.

"Do you have any brothers or sisters you get to see."
Hanna looked up then. Tears streamed down her face. She looked hurt and angry and sad. I wish my mom would just be quiet.
"Excuse me." Hanna said through her tears. She stood up from the table and then she practically ran out the front door.
"Hanna wait." I looked at my mom and dad. "Really! you can't just have a normal conversation with someone without making them cry."
I stood up and stormed out the door.
Hanna stood on the porch her hair  covering her face so I couldn't see if she was still crying. She leaned against the railing.
"Hanna?"
She didn't look up.
"Are you ok?"

Then I heard it. A muffled cry as she brought a hand up to cover her mouth.

I stepped forward and took her hand, pulling her closer to me and wrapped my arms around her.
She cried silently. I held her shaking body, my chin rested on the top of her head.
"It's ok. Whatever happened,your ok now."
"No,I'm not and I never will be." She said drawing away from me.
Oh Hanna, what happened to you.
I hated to see her like this, in so much pain.
"Can you take me home now please."

"Yeah..........yeah of course. I'll go grab the keys, ok."
•___________<|~Hanna~|>___________•

I can't believe I just did that.
I cried in front of him,in front of his parents. What was wrong with me?
He probably wouldn't ever talk to me again after seeing what I'm really like.
I'm a mess.
"Ok we can go now."he said coming back out the door closing it behind him.
We got half way to my house before he even spoke to me.
"Do I turn here?" He asked.
"Yes."I nodded.
He looked over at me with sad eyes. "Are you ok Hanna?"

"yes."I wiped the tears from my cheek with the back of my hand.

"I'm so sorry about my parents. They should have minded there own business but they were just trying to help.
I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry for getting your shirt all wet with my tears." I said giving a weak smile.
"I don't know what happened to you Hanna and I'm not going to push you.
You can tell me whenever you want or never tell me. But I hope you will someday. I hope that someday you will trust me enough to. But I won't push you. When or if you tell me is your choice." He looked at me his face had changed from a sad pitying look to one of completely seriousness.

"Thank you Nick, that means a lot to me. Really it does. I hope that we can still be friends after tonight."

"Of course." He said his big contagious smile coming back.
We pulled up In front of my house. "Thank you for the ride."

"No problem. Goodnight Hanna."

"Goodnight Nick."