8•

_______________Nick__________
When I called Hanna she told me Lisa was fine with it. I asked her if she had a way to get here or if I should come pick her up. She said that Lisa could drop her off but she didn't know how long her business dinner would go. So I said I would take her home.

It had been a half an hour since I talked to her and she should be here soon.
"Nick?"I heard my dad call from the living room.
I walked down the hall to find him sitting on the couch watching the news.
"Yeah?"
"Did you feed your dogs yet?"
"No."
"Quick go do that before supper.They didn't  sound very happy when I was out there."
I walked across the yard to a old barn where my German shepherd and her puppy's lived.
The door of the barn creaked when I opened it alerting the dogs that I was coming so when I got inside I was met by a pack of hungry puppy's. 
___________________Hanna__________
Lisa dropped me off outside a large house with a porch that wrapped around half of it.I passed two white rocking chairs on my way to the door and large plants sat in pots next to them.

I got to the door and wrung the doorbell.
"Coming." I heard a man shout from inside.

The door opened and a man in his mid forties early fifties stood there with the same eyes and same big smile as Nick.

"Hello. You must be Nicks guest. He didn't tell me your name."he said holding out his hand.
"I'm Hanna."I said back taking his hand and shaking it.

"It's nice to meet you Hanna I'm Paster Kane but you can call me Peter. He went down to the barn to feed his dogs. Your welcome to come in or you can go  down there and join him if you want."

"I think I'll go say hi to him if that's alright?"
"Sure,could you tell him supper will be ready in ten minutes."
"Yeah." I said with a smile,than I turned and walked down the steps and over to a old barn.
As I approached I heard yelps from puppy's inside and a voice that sounded like Nick's.
I opened the door and closed it behind me. Nick didn't her me come in and kept poring dog food into bowls sitting on the ground.
The German Shepard puppy's all crowded around the bowl he was filling.
"Would you just be patient and wait till I'm finished."he growled at them as he gently pushed them away with his foot.

He finished filling the one bowl then started on the next and more crowded around it too.
I silently watched him fill a couple more bowls then a very large Shepard came at him from behind and tacked him to the ground licking his face and hands.
"Stop it!"he said to the dog laughing. "That's disgusting." He stood up wiping the dog slobber from his face with the back of his hand.
From the door way I couldn't help but laugh a little. Nick turned around with a startled look on his face.
"Hanna! How long have you been there." He said actually looking a little embarrassed.
"Just a little while."

"But you saw that?"

"Yup." I laughed."you got some straw in your hair." I stepped closer and picked it out of his blond hair.  Holding it out so he could see it before dropping it on the ground.

Our faces were a few inches apart we just stood there staring into each other's eyes.
His gaze moved slightly down and stopped on my lips. He leaned forward a little bit my heart beat hard against my chest was he going to kiss me?
I stepped backwards quickly,almost crushing a puppy under my feet.
"Uh.....your..your dad said supper would be done in ten minutes. We should probably head up there now."

"Yeah." He said with a look on his face I couldn't quite read,disappointment maybe.
We walked up to the house in silence.
But by the time we got there he was back to his normal self. 
"So how was your day?"

"I think I made a new friend......"