Chapter Twenty-one

Darien P.O.V.

"Whisky?" I grumbled softly, pouring myself another glass as Donatello shook his head, pulling a chair to the front of my desk as he hastily sat in front of me. His eyes hidden from any emotion as his poker face scanned around the room, as if waiting for someone to jump out.

"Sasha isn't in here," I mocked softly, a chuckle escaping my mouth at his tensed body relaxed ever so slightly despite the urge I had to punch him in the face. At least when I slept with her I had been drugged up, him though? He probably jumped at the idea of getting his díck wet.

I didn't know what annoyed me more; the fact he fucked my fiance or the fact that he screwed his sisters enemy. Forced to be with her or not she was mine to everyone who was close to us, including Donatello. She was off limits for my friends, no matter how close they were. Donatello was already on thin ice for socializing with me the past few months never mind this coming out.

"She knows," he grumbled, slouching on the chair, burying his face into his hands as the cold exterior around the tough man crumbled. The higher they are the harder they fall and right now he was falling. I choose to ignore his ruffled appearance and bloodshot eyes but now I had the need to know what was wrong. Did Sapphire know? Everything wasn't ready yet for her to find out. The jet wasn't prepared yet nor the arrangements.

"Sapphire?" I almost shouted, placing my whiskey on the table as the need to throw it at his head ran through my trembling body. He was going to ruin everything!

"Layla," he whispered, in a broken voice as I stared at him for a moment. Who the hell was Layla? I had never saw the man look so broken. Even when I broke his sisters heart he kept a cold exterior even though I saw the pain he felt for his sister but never did he look so destroyed. 

"Sasha told her, she came to my office flaunting herself. She was all over me when Layla walked in, the things Sasha had said to her were disgusting. She ran from me and hasn't spoke to me since. I fucked everything up!" he cursed, grumbling under his breath.

"You never cheated on her, I didn't even know the pair of you were a couple. Hell I don't even know who the hell you are talking about. Sasha was pregnant before you even met Layla," I muttered, shaking my head at how immature Layla sounded. He slept with a girl before he met her, and? It wasn't like they loved each other. With Donatello's reputation a woman should expect no less from such a man. He didn't do love.

"She thinks I'm the father," he sighed, looking at me with desperation, his eyes shining with tears as I sat silently. Watching the man break in front of me. I was used to my own self destruction but seeing someone else break the same way had my stomach lurch with an uneasy feeling. Sympathy filling my heart. There was nothing worse than thinking you fathered a whores child, especially a whore like Sasha although it took two to tango and he clearly didn't complain at the time to be in this situation.

"My investigators are analyzing your DNA just now as we speak along with a few other men. Including some men extremely close to you. It would be a surprise if you knew how many men she slept with in the month she conceived so it is really hard to tell," his face lit up slightly at the thought of the chances being very slim. Not even questioning how I got any of his DNA. I could see it in his eyes his Layla meant more than the world to him and if this child was his he wouldn't be getting her back anytime soon. It was understandable, not many women enjoyed being with a man who had a baby already, not wanting to be the step mother to another woman's child.