Chapter 7 ~ It's a deal!

Scarlet's POV...

"Yes?" I ask in the sweetest voice I could manage without mentally vomiting.
"You have skills," He starts, running ahead to catch up with me. "And incredible strength..."  He says in between pants. "It's almost as if your a supernatural..." He adds and immediately I shoot Will an unsure look, as if he knew something I didn't, and all he did to reply was move his glasses.
"I reckon I'd hire 'ee!" He said with a gleam, I felt a smirk emerge emerge on my face as I thought of an idea, I glance over to Will and he gives a nod in approval. I stop walking and place my hands on my hips
"Why don't you." I tease, nudging Joker as he begins to laugh nervously.
"If 'ee would be happy to join then I would love for you to join, come anytime!" He says with a smile.
"I have one problem though, me and my... friend here lost our homes a few days ago and so we need a place to stay." I add quickly, thinking of an excuse to stay tonight.
"Well ok, but... tomorrow 'ee will have to both take an entry test. I'll show 'ee to your tents." Joker says, scratching the back of his neck and walking away with me and Will following behind.
"Try and collect some Intel of the scenery as were walking and see if you can find a location they might be hiding the children." Will whispers leaning closer towards my ear. I just nod and look around, not in a nosy kind of way, just a curious type.
"So, how exactly did 'ee lose the place 'ee were staying in?" Joker asks and immediately I freeze, I hadn't thought of a backup story! I open my mouth to reply but as soon as I do so Will jumps in.
"Someone set it alight." He replies plainly, giving me an eerie look. I just give a nervous smile as Joker nods in approval.

Half an hour later...

"Well, that went better than expected." I murmur to myself as I wrapped a bit of clothing between my arms.
"Your welcome." Will says as I look round, he was literally about two inches away from my face, it made my eyebrow twitch. I was extremely cautious about personal space, and he was way past the limit.
"What do you mean by 'your welcome'?" I ask him, looking behind me towards the entrance quickly then looking back towards the shinigami.
"For saving you back there, when you were struggling for an excuse," he relies before leaning back and doing the typical Will thing, using his pruner to tilt his glasses up the slope of his nose.
"Oh, right. Thanks for that." I said as I started to walk over to one of the small beds we were given. Just like all humans, reapers have to sleep too, even if it were in a small, cramped area. Luckily, the tent we were apt to have was small, but big enough to cope with. It was about the size of an average two bed bedroom which, in my opinion, I found suitable. It had two single sized beds, and two draws. I'm glad we weren't given a bunk bed, there so... awkward. As I go to sit down on the bed to the right I feel Will follow me, I wearily sit and take out my soul retrieval list, I scanned through the pages only to find out that all the deaths I was scheduled to reap were all noted for the day.
"If you've only just noticed the scheduled date then I really do question you," Will sighs, sitting symmetrical to me on his own bed. "You should've noticed when I assigned you this... mission." He stated, also grabbing his list and quickly flicking the pages, stopping at a specific one.
"All reaping's are due for February 9th, 1889, We leave the day before. That gives us two weeks to prepare, you hear me... Scarlet?!" He utters, glaring up at me, and as he did so his glasses glinted.
"Yeah sure, whatever." I reply bluntly, closing my book and putting it in one of the draws the circus had provided.
"Keep your book with you at all times, if someone finds out about us then were in trouble." Will barked at me, immediately opening the draw I had just put it in and shoving it straight into my chest.
"Geez, no need to be so harsh." I whine, my breathing now heavy from the impact.
"If i'm not harsh then you will never learn your lesson," He states simply, all I do is nod slightly, just enough for him to notice. "We don't want you ending like one of those demons do you? Untamed and roaming about the streets, looking for trouble." And with that all was silent. I had to think about that one, humans and demons have a long history, luckily for me though I've never really talked to one. Well, apart from that Sebastian guy I met once but he seemed ok... I guess. The only reason I've never really seen - let alone talked - to one is because of something that happened 'a while ago'.
After about ten minutes of silence I decide to not even bother replying so, instead, I decide to go outside and meet the performers. You never know, we might have something in common.

The next day...

Today is the day me and Will take the test. I hope, I mean, I know it will go well. Every reaper has a talent, most inhumane and something human would never learn to master.
"Hurry up Scarlet, we don't have all day." Will groans from the end of the tent, waiting impatiently by the exit of it.
"You right, we have over a week." I chirp with a smirk. I can tell he is unamused but I don't care, it's still funny to me. "Aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnddddd... Done!" I chimed skipping over to him as we finally left the tent. Side by side we made our way over to where Joker and a few others were, our faces both dull and the complete opposite of exited. It's pointless showing our skills for these people, they'd be amazed, make us join then poof, we'll be gone in the blink of an eye. See, pointless!
"Ready, if you pass 'ee will be given stage names, and that goes for the both of 'ee." Joker says looking up to Will who, not to my surprise, still has his plain old look. "We must do tricks, what's your specialty?" Joker says, looking back to me.
"Well, I guess it would be..." I purred, putting a hand to my chin "All of them." I gleam with a shrug.
"Would 'ee be ok to demonstrate one?" Joker asks, he totally doesn't believe me, priceless!
"Sure." I say putting on a fake smile and walking over to a tightrope stand and climbing it.
'Well, here we go.' I murmur facing away from the rope and closing my eyes.
"WAIT! 'Ee don,t have a harn-"