Chapter 4 ~ Introductions

Scarlet's POV...

Jumping from roof to roof has become boring. We're still looking for this demon and Ronald's lawn mower is starting to get on my nerves.
"Can you just turn that thing off! It's giving me a headache." I complain.
"No can do cau- There he is!" Ronald says, pointing in the direction of a slender figure in a tailcoat. From what I could see he had black hair and a rather pale face, but not as pale as mine. He seemed to have a dark maroon rose attached to his tailcoat - for god knows why - and a badge next to that. Before I could take any closer analysis on him Ronald's lawn mower's engine roars with power before he takes off. As I look back down the man is no longer there, I look up to spot him swinging on a rope and, before I realize, has gently landed on the roof. Ronald goes crashing down, hitting the roof with his mower but before it could hit the demon he quickly sprints forward. I guess that was my cue. Jumping down next to Ronald I face the demon. In mid flight he throws what appears to be knives and forks into Ronald's mower, causing it to break down, before landing with ease.
"Ah..." He moans, holding it in the air to see what happened. I rolled my eye.
"Come on, you've gotta be kidding me!" He says placing it back down, "bloody hell, it's totally useless now." He says with a sigh.
"Forgive me, I don't think we've met before." The demon says in a posh voice. We both look round,
"We haven't, hi!" He in a bored expression "The names Ronald Knox, the next die heart reaper!" He says again, doing the same hand gesture as he did with me.
"Really.." I groan, massaging my scalps in frustration. He just stays in that pose, the stupid smile on his face slowly fading.
"Yeah..." He sighs, pulling his hand down, "Sounds bleeding ridiculous, I know. It's just old man Sutcliff insisted I needed my own catchphrase, so I had a bird from general affairs come up with something for me." He says, looking really embarrassed.
"And you are.." He says gesturing at me.
"Scarlet Ashen, and no, I don't have a stupid catchphrase like this weirdo." I say, pointing towards Ronald.
"Oh I shouldn't worry over much, both you and your friend, including  silly little catchphrase, are destined to be short-lift. I assume you lot have gotten involved because of recent... unusual soul movements." He says "Is that it? Perhaps the soul of one Alois Trancy is proven unrecoverable for instance." He says with a smirk, "Eh?"
"Perhaps so," I hear Will cut in, aiming his pruner at the demon as he jumps down from the roof above and striking it, hitting the other roof as the demon jumps towards the other.
"I might have guessed you'd be involved in this." He starts, "and here you are, hello Sebastian." He says, and both share a hateful glare towards each other.
"What a bother," Will continues, repetitively aiming and missing his pruner at Sebastian. " Working over time yet again all thanks to Grell..." He complains.
"Hey, don't blame Grell for all of this!" I but in, causing everyone to look at me, I pull my red hood down and prepare to launch at the demon, grabbing my useless scythe. I jump up joining Will in attempt of hitting him, and failing miserably. You could tell the two have encountered before as you could feel the hatred between them. In the background you could hear Ronald trying to get his lawn mower to work again, I really do pity him.
"All right!" He says as it starts to hum again, "now then, let's get this over with." She adds, rubbing his nose as Will manages to pin Sebastian.
"You can bet your ass i'm not working overtime." He says to himself as me and Will carry on fighting, the now equipped, demon. Ronald re-enters the fight jumping down with his mower, almost hitting me as he lands.
"Hey, watch it!" I spit as I clump him on the back of his head.
"Against three reapers even i'm at a disadvantage." The demon murmurs to himself as we all launch at him.
"Blundering little fool, I don't suppose it's your intention is to fail me with your death scythe as well." Will complains facing him.
"Oh did I take it to far? Right my mistake, I am at that mischievous age ya know."
"Yeah, watch it! You almost hit me."I groan, brushing the bottom of my short black and red dress.
"A grim reaper must always take care to judge every situation swiftly and accurately, are those spectacles  just for show." Will says in his usual voice as Sebastian starts to throw cutlery at us, hitting Will's pruner yet still somehow knocking his glasses off, I on the other hand managed to jump onto a roof just in time, causing me to be face to face with the demon.
"Huh, never thought i'd see the day." I sigh as he starts to run away leaving me standing there like a fool.
"Sir, he's  getting away." I hear Ronald report, stating the obvious.
"My spectacles! Where are they!!" Will gasps, causing me to look down. "I can't see!" He stutters kneeling down on the floor and reaching to the ground in search, he looks so vulnerable like that, it's rather amusing to watch really. 
"Pardon sir, shouldn't we stop him?" Ronald asks, facing him.
"You fail to fully understand the grave importance of a reapers spectacles!" Will shouts, pointing at the opposite direction of Ronald and giving him his rare glare.
"Oh dear, I don't even know where to begin." Ronald sighs, rubbing the back of his help.
"If you don't mind, i'll go after the demon!" I say causing them both to look upwards. As I turn to leave I hear Will shout
"WAIT! Scarlet, before you go, you'll need a better scythe." Will says, a frown forming on his face. I look down at the pathetic wooden one they give newbs.
"Riiiiggghhhttt! I was waiting until you would say that." I reply with a cheesy grin, jumping down and landing a few feet away from the two reapers. I reach down and grab Will's glasses, handing them to him before he eagerly puts them on, sighing with relief.
"Shall we go?" I grin, reaching my hand out to Will.
"We shall never speak of this again, you hear me?" He says to us, Ronald nods quickly but I just give an approving look as I lead the way back home.