Chapter 1 ~ Will's the boss

Scarlet's POV
I walked into the retrieval division, spotting Will straight away as the doors close behind me, in front, hundreds of new recruits are scattering around like mice in search of cheese, always bumping into one another and sometimes even dropping their books.
"Hey Will, long time no see!" I greet, walking towards him.
"Scarlet," He replies plainly,
"I see you haven't changed a bit." I scoff, folding my arms.
"Neither have you." He sighs,
"Touché." I respond, belittled by his lack of conversation skills.
"So..." I start, bored of wasting time, "When do we start?" I ask, looking up towards him, he really has changed in the past few centuries.
"Now I guess" he utters, using his pruner to slightly lift up his rectangular glasses. I shrug as we start walking towards the doors leading back to the headquarters. Everyone seems to be in a hurry these days! As we walk down the long hall he comes to a stop, making me bump into him.
"You'll get your soul retrieval list in that room there," he starts, pointing his garden tool towards two massive doors, "I'll meet you outside to give you your new glasses, see you in a few minutes." He gestures, walking away to gather my new glasses. Well, at least I won't have to deal with these crappy, second hand ones they gave me anymore, new glasses means the start of a new life, and hopefully that new life will turn out better than the last one.
I walked inside the double doors and bump into someone straight away, ignoring the way they looked at me I carried on until I saw a huge queue, this must be where I collect my book.I wait in line for about fifteen minutes and when it finally comes to my turn the guy at the counter asks my name, I reply quickly, wanting to get out as soon as possible, grab my book and start to walk out. I speed walk down the halls and go through the doors, spotting Will straight away.I start walking over and then I spot someone talking to him, I grip my book tighter as I slow down my pace, observing the reaper cautiously. It appears to be a man but has the longest hair I've ever seen, and it's red! The only other person I've ever seen with red hair was...Um...Well, I forgot his name. Anyway, he was wearing red-framed glasses which are accessorized including a chain with skulls, a vest, gloves, a red and white striped bow tied around his neck, and red and black high-heeled ankle boots. He also sports a red coat which he slings off his shoulders and wears around his elbows. He has a specially modified Chainsaw-like death scythe for some strange reason.

"Hey," I start, looking like a fool just standing where I was, "Did you get my glasses like you said?" I ask, looking at the man talking to him, he turns round and an excited expression.

"Scarlet!" He screams, running towards me, arms stretched out. As he approaches me I step to the side and he trips, plummeting to the ground. I snigger and spot Will walking towards me, he grabs my hand and grabs something from his pocket. I give him a confused expression but soon realize what he's doing as he places something into my hand. I look down and spot a pair of glasses that are black at the top that blends into black at the bottom.
"There perfect!" I whisper looking up towards him.
"I thought you'd like them." He replies, smirking ever so slightly. The red haired guy slowly starts to stand up, brushing his black trousers.
"Aw, come on! You don't remember your BFF Grell?" He moans, pulling off a pout.
"Oh... Grell! That's it!" I say finally remembering his name, I give him a cheesy smile before saying,
"Well, you look... Different since the last time I saw you." I say innocently.
"Well, most of the time change is good, isn't it Scar?" He replies smiling back at me. I just shrug.
"Well Grell, it was... Nice seeing you again, but we really must get going." Will says, interrupting our meaningless conversation. I silently thanked Will before waving goodbye to Grell. I really did forget all about him, even though we pretty much spent all our time as reapers together.
"So, what now?" I ask, catching up to the fast walking man who was Will.
"Well, you need to get your death scythe, don't you? How else would you get your job done?" He responds.
"With my bare fists!" I tease, pulling up my hands as if about to knock someone out. He just looks at me blankly, my smile turns back to a frown.
"Fine!" I grunt, folding my arms,
"Lead the way!" And so he does, turning corners sharply and dodging anyone who attempts to bump into him.
"Don't worry," he smirks "You'll get used to it." And with that he stops.
"Here we are. Now, you'll get your death scythe over there." He says, pointing his pruner in the direction of another room.
"Aren't you coming?" I ask with a devious grin,
"Only if you want me to." He sighs, leading the way into the ,pretty much empty, room.
Most of the queues were empty so getting the scythe didn't take long. Once again the man at the counter asked my name, I reply quickly and he gives my me de-promoted scythe, a short wooden one that they usually give newbies.
"Ugh!" I groan, why do I have to start from scratch.
"Don't worry," I hear someone whisper into my ear, making me turn around to face Will, "I'll get you a new one as soon as you pass your trial." He says, smirking. I smile and whisper a thank you to him before collecting the scythe and leaving.                                                                                                                     "So...  What now?" I ask, confused as to what to do next.                                                                                              "You'r first reaping, obviously!" He said as if it were the easiest thing in the world to figure out.               
"Fine!" I murmured.                                                                                                                                                                        "Who's first on the list then" He asks, I look at the first page of the book before saying                                  
"Some dude named Ronald Wiggins..."