Chapter 5 ~ The 'Ultimate Death Scythe!'

Scarlet's POV
"So your saying that in a couple of weeks there's going to be a circus coming to London, fascinating." I say, walking along with Will by my side. As we make our way towards the Administrative division a lot of reapers seem to be in a hurry, it's as if they broke their spectacles because they were toppling over one another, it was quite amusing to watch but when you look at Will he seems to feel sorry for them rather than pity them, which I can understand. We make our way to the division casually and as we enter all eyes are on us, and by us I mean mainly me.
"Hey Scarlet, William! I didn't expect you to be here." I hear someone's familiar voice shout from the other side of the room, and of course that person was Ronald.
"I thought you had 'business' to attend to?" William grieves eyeing the man.
"Yeah, well... About that," he starts, rubbing the back of his neck.
"Ah, so this is your 'lady friend' I see." I snigger, and given by the face he pulled he was not impressed that I quoted how he described her, and her reaction was to die for, the disgusted face she pulled at Ronald.
"Wai- I never... I mean..." he stutters but before he could come up with a reasonable excuse I interrupt,
"Sorry but we really must be going, unlike you we actually have business to take care of." And with that I rush out of the room, with a strong grip on Wills arm, turning round a corner.
"That was unnecessary." Will states releasing his arm from my grip.
"You know you're no fun to be around." I huff folding my arms.
"Anyway, how much longer 'til we reach this place, I forgot the route after being bored out of my mind for 12 decades?" I moan and Will just carries on walking, not saying a word. As I'm about to open my mouth to say something he turns around, making me stop in my tracks
"Not much longer." He says making me release the air I had trapped in my mouth. He carries on walking and turns a corner with me behind him. As I turn the corner I realize we're in another room, but this one isn't as crowded as the others.
"Take a seat and I'll be right back." Will demands and as I open my mouth to argue he glares at me and I walk over to a row of chairs, mumbling to myself. I wait there for a few minutes and as I'm about to stand up to go over to where Will was I hear a voice coming from next to me.
"Will's just the perfect picture, isn't he?" I hear the say dreamily, I turn round to spot a bundle of red hair on the chair next to me.
"Grell, what are you doing here?" I asked puzzled, he turns in my direction with his eyebrows creased,
"You need to work on your greetings, missy!" He says blowing a hair out of his face, "anyway, I'm here because I damaged my precious lil death scythe." He whines rubbing the chainsaw against his cheek.
"Ah, Grell, your here." Someone says from behind me, I turn round to spot Will with something in his hands.
"Will!" Grell says excitedly, jumping up from his seat and launching himself at the reaper. Will uses the thing in his hands to block Grell's attack before facing me.
"Well, at least we know it works." And with that he hands it to me. I take one look at it and remember using it just over a century ago. I smile at Will
"Thank you." And stand up to leave.
"Wait!" Someone yells and I look down to see Grell on the floor, "Before you go, I also came to give you this..." He said lifting something from in his hands, I reach mine out and he releases it, it was a... letter!

A few hours later...

"Well he's definitely not dead." I admit to Will as we were walking along the smokey streets of London.
"Yes, maybe Ciel has faked his death in order to accomplish something, perhaps a task the queen has asked him to do." Will says, using his pruner to adjust his spectacles.
"Agreed." I say and pause "Unless..."  I add, putting a finger to my chin.
"Do you think that-"
"NO!" Will interrupts, making me shut my gob for the first time in hours. After that all was quiet.
"We would've known if that happened, ok?" Will says simply, I nod in agreement and after a while another conversation begins.

"So... About this 'Noah's Arc Circus?" I begin, making Will face me from his seat in his workroom. I look round the room, spinning in my office chair.
"Your place is so big, is it really necessary to have all of this space?" I add, grinning at the reaper.
"Anyway," He starts, grabbing some files from a desk drawer and examining them.
"It appears that a lot of children have gone missing and we need to go and investigate so, Scarlet, will you come with me? The consequences of it lay in your hands though and I am not responsible if anything happens to you. So, will you come?" He says
"Are you kidding me!" I sputter "Of course I will, anything to get away from the job. plus, it'll be fun working side by side with you." I piped. Finally, a mission to do, better then just reaping soul's.
"So, when do we start?"