Chapter 14: Locked Away The Painful Memories

Angie's POV

Once, I was alone with the village Elder. I wanted to ask some questions.

"Village Elder. How-"

The village elder chuckled softly.

"How come Hayden dislike mages from guilds. Or specially Fairy Tail." The village elder said.

I was a little taken back from the Elder's guess. Rather a really lucky guess. But, I nodded my head.

"Then, why not ask her yourself, child." The Elder suggested.

Is it really okay. For me to ask? I thought.

"You won't know, anything from me. You'll only get the truth if you asked the person."

"I..I understand." I said.

____________________________________________

Hayden's POV.

I wanked Logan right up aside his blonde head of his.

"OUCH! What's that for?!" Logan groaned.

"Quit eating the damn fire!" I hissed.

I was making a fire, with match, to burn up some woods. Broken sticks. Small logs(not big ones). But, a certain someone keeps eating the fire!

I glared at Logan.

"Sorry. It won't happen again." Logan said.

I looked towards the other mages. But, all I revived was them shaking their heads towards this.

I rolled my eyes at this. And Tried to light a match to make a good fire going.

"Hayden." A voice spoke my name.

I took a glance over my shoulder, find Angie there.

"Can we talk?" Angie said.

__________________________________________________

Angie's POV.

Me and Hayden went somewhere we can talk alone. In private.

I was sitting next Hayden, on a bench.

"....." Hayden didn't say anything.

"....." I didn't say anything.

Awkward.

"What is it?" Hayden said. She was the first breaking the silence.

"Well, I wanted to ask why the hate? Why towards us?" I asked.

Hayden stared at me, with a dead serious look on her face.

"...." Hayden fell silence once more.

Great..I thought.

"It's really isn't any of your business." Hayden spoke.

"I know. But, we don't really understand-"

"We? Your friends don't seem to mind at all. You're the one that wants to be nosy!" Hayden interrupted.

I bit my lower lip. Yeah, she was right. I am letting my curiosity get the better of me. But, I have to know the truth.

Hayden looked at me. Then, let out a sigh.

"I had a friend once." Hayden said.

"What?" I said. Wide eyed.

"He got killed right before my own eyes." Hayden continued.

"....." I listened to Hayden's story. In silence.

Hayden told me about her friend. He's name was Samuel Beckett. He was the three guardian from Almead. Along with Hayden and another guardian. They was the only mages in the village. The strongest. They protected the village, the people, and the treasure. But, just a few years ago. A dark guild discovered, Almead. And started attacking. The three guardians held it off as much as they could. But, they could only do so much.

"We was all badly beaten. Injured. Almost used all of our magic." Hayden said.

"Then?" I said.

Hayden cracked a slight smile. It wasn't fake, or real either. But, a sad one.

"Then, everything went bad." Hayden admitted.

Hayden continued on with the story. She said that her friend died protecting her. Lucky, for her she able to use the bit of her magic, along with the other guardian's help. They was able to defeat the them. But, it wouldn't bring the one friend she'd lost.

"He died in my arms." Hayden said.

"Hayden.." I whispered.

"It's all my fault!" Hayden cried. Bursting into tears.

"It's not your fault, Hayden." I said. Trying to comfort her. The best I could do.

"How do you know?!" Hayden snapped.

I flinched. At her sudden words.

"You wasn't even there!" Hayden growled. Standing up.

"Look Hayden." I said. Getting to my feet.

"Don't tr-"

"You said that your friend died protecting you!" I said."He died protecting you!"

Hayden clenched her hands into fists. Tighten them.

"He made his last choice to protect you."

Hayden eyes widen.

"I know it hurt. But, you can't go on. Hanging onto the past, forever. Can't go down the same road, you used to know." I said.

"....."

"Can't hate ever guild, you see or know. Not ever guild is the same." I continued. Holding onto my locket. That's around my neck."There's people out there willing to help, if you let them."

Hayden stared at me with tears falling down her cheeks.

"I've learned that admitting you are weak. Is the inner strength that was there all along." I said. Smiling.