Chapter 10

The Phantom of the Opera.

Angel of Music.

Opera Ghost.

Erik.

These four names came flooding through my mind since I woke up this morning.

That dream... that dream seem so real. It felt like a flashback, like a... like a memory!

I dreamt of Erik, the stranger and my husband, with a deformed face.

As I remember, he had no deformity whatsoever.

Why did I dream about the phantom? Yes, I know I'm a little obsessed with the book, but I've never dreamt about the phantom.

In my dream, Erik and the phantom was the same man. According to the book, the phantom has a deformed face. A face of death.

This is all very confusing. Why did this happened to me? Why?

"What are you thinking about dear? " my thoughts were interrupted by my mother who stood in front of me with worried.

"I uh... I was thinking about the phantom, " I said sheepishly.

She had a strange look deep in her eyes before she gulped.

"Hunny, we need to talk." she sat down on the sofa next to me.

"About? " I looked at her with curiosity.

"About the phantom. " I stared at her with a bored look. How can she tell me about my favorite character? She never even touched the book!

"How do-" she shush me with her finger.

"Don't speak." she instructed and removed her finger and placed her hands folded on her lap. "The story of the phantom is real."

My eyes widened. My phantom is real? OMG! He's real! He was real! I knew it! I am so going to tell Chris!

Wait a minute ... "How do you know? " she sighed.

"My grandmother happen to be Christine Daaé." I stared at her in shock. "My father told me a lot about her. Unfortunately, she died too soon. My grandfather, Raoul, told me and my siblings about his life at the Opera Populaire. He said that Christine's death wish was to protect their family from the phantom's malice. The phantom is a dangerous man Chloe."

"Is? " he still lives? That's impossible! He must be over 100 years old, almost 200!

"Yes, he still lives. You're father had seen him." my father saw my phantom? Why didn't he told me? I want to meet my favorite character!

"I want to see him! Please mom? Let me meet-"

"No Chloe! I told you he's a dangerous man! How do you think you lost your memory? Your father rescued you from him! The phantom kidnapped you for three horrible weeks! Three!" she began to sob as I stared at her.

Three weeks? How could I be kidnapped when Erik told me I was with him for three weeks because I ran away?

This doesn't seem right... one of them must be lying to me then.

But then again... I married Erik. Christian and Aaron know that too. According to what Chris told me over last night's dinner was that he and his wife, Katy, were present.

"Mother..." she looked up at me with red eyes, "am I married? " I showed her my rings and her eyes widened.

"I uh... I don't -" she was interrupted by the door opening.

"We're back." Meg stated with several shopping bags in her hands and father's.

"Wonderful! " my mother smiled and stood up. "Peter, can we talk?"