Chapter 4

Erik's POV :

I couldn't be more happier than to see the girl I love doing something she loves : singing.

During the whole show, I had time to think about my life before and after I met her.

I haven't killed anyone since I met her, I am no longer hurt by Christine. I have loved once again, which I thought was impossible.

My angel of music changed me for the better. She makes me feel beautiful and wanted.

I don't know what I will do without her beside me. I need her in my life to go on.

I was currently in my lair picking up red roses and I made my way towards her dressing room. We need to celebrate for her success.

As I neared her room I heard voices.

"Christian? " I heard my Chloe asked in utter disbelief.

Who's Christian? I quickened my pace to where her mirror stood. I design this mirror so I could see everything inside the room, but nobody can see me.

"Hey Chloe, miss me? " I heard a man chuckled.

When I reached to see what was happening, I felt like my heart was tore away from me.

The roses slipped from my hand as I saw the girl I love kissing another man. His hands were holding her face as he continued kissing her.

Don't jump into conclusions Erik. Maybe he jump on her...

I felt a smile tug at my lips as I saw her small hands push him away.

"What are you doing here?" my smile dropped when I saw him hold her hand, like I have held hers, and she didn't reacted the way I hoped.

"Remember I promised you that I will buy the ring because I was at war? Well, here it is." he pulled out a ring and Chloe gasped. She used her free hand to cover her mouth.

"It's beautiful, " she sobbed. Why is she sobbing?

"Well of course its beautiful. The most beautiful girl in the world deserves the most beautiful ring." Who is this man that is trying to take away my love?

"Oh Christian, you were always this charming huh, " she giggled as he slid the ring on her and then she whispered to herself, "it's hard not to love you. "

Tears began to stain my eyes. Is he her lover?

"I did fought hard to get you. Now I'm the most luckiest guy in the world to have a fiancé as lovely as you my love."

And in that moment, I felt like I had died inside. She's engaged to him.

I thought she was different, I thought she was mine. I thought she... I thought she loved me.

I made my way back to my lair as I grip my chest. My heart... my broken heart.

Does God really hates me? I can't continue living like this, Chloe was my life and now she's gone.

She came and stole my heart. I no longer have a reason to live. Love is not meant for me. Nobody can love a loathsome monster like me.

Chloe's POV :

Christian, my boyfriend of two years. We were engaged three months ago. How could I have forgotten about him?

Was I so overwhelmed with everything that had happened to think about him?

Oh no ... Erik! I turn quickly to face the mirror, but I didn't felt his presence.

I can't marry Christian.