Chapter 2

A\N: Hello again..! I didn't get lots of reads but I did get a comment which was the reason I updated so, thank you babyloveu2 it really mens a lot to me. so here's chapter 2 it's a little longer but a little Diall lacking sorry about that.. it was necessary for my plot. you will get lots of Diall next chapter. Really hope you like it and as always read, reaview. comment, vote, do whatever.. enjoy!! BTW the song Niall sings os the youtube video to your right and Demi and Ariana's song is in the external link.

It's been two weeks since the hallway incident. Demi and Niall were developing a nice friendship which included mostly outings of different sorts. Niall enjoyed spending time with Demi but always felt she was holding something back when they were together, he couldn't exactly put his finger on it but he just knew there was something that she wasn't telling him.

Demi was having lunch with her best friend Ariana. The thing Demi was not ready to share with Niall was her family problems. Demi's parents were fighting a lot and were now going at it almost every morning which was also the reason for Demi being late so much.

"So, how are things at home?” asked Ariana.

"Not great.. They keep arguing and shouting all the time. Of course it hurts me but it hurts Maddie even more.. I just really don't want her to get hurt.” Demi said sadly.

"What do you think is going to happen? I mean.. do you think they will get a divorce?” Ariana asked quietly.

"I really don't know.. At this point I almost hope they will..” Demi said.

"I'm really sorry Dems.. I just really hope it all end well especially for you and Maddie.” she said squeezing Demi's hand over the table.

The girls continued chatting until they had to go to class.

After school, Demi was walking out of school with Ariana. They were headed to Ariana's.

Later thar day Demi walked into her house, her parents were in the kitchen fighting, again. They weren't shouting they were talking in hushed angry voices, probably because they didn't want to upset Maddie.

She went toward her room and stopped on her way at Maddie's room.

"Hey what's up??” asked Demi as she stuck her head through the door.

"Fine” Maddison answared.

Maddison was Demi's little sister. While Demi was 16 Maddie was only 8. maddie loved both her parents, she really didn't want to see them split.

"Are mom and dad getting a divorce?” Maddie asked quietly.

"I don't know sweety.. maybe they can solve they're problems.” Demi said. “Even if they do get a divorce it doesn't mean we wont be a family anymore.. we will always be a family, ok? Don't worry about it.” she added trying to calm her sister.

"What if they will split us up? I mean what if one will get you and one will get me and because they don't get along we won't see each other anymore?” Maddie said with tears in her eyes.

"Maddie, stop!” Demi said getting into the room and sitting next to her sister on the bed, “No one is splitting us up! First of all mom and dad would never do something like this, they love us and the fact that they're fighting doesn't mean they don't love us or care about us. And second of all if anyone ever tries to get me away from you, well.. good luck to him.. I'll bite his hand off before he gets the chance to even think about it, ok?” she said.

Maddie smiled a little anf hugged Demi. “I love you Dems” she said quietly.

"Love you too Mads.” Demi said.

The day after Demi was sitting in music class waiting for the teacher to arrive when Niall came and sat next to her.

"Hey!” he said, giving her a big smile.

"Hi” she said smiling.

Just then the teacher came in.

The teacher called over a few students to come to her desk. She also called Demi Ariana and Niall. They all came to her and she said, “Ok, so all of didn't preform at all in my class, ever. And I called you here to tell you that if you don't preform at least once within the 3 upcoming classes you will not be able to pass this class.”

Demi and Ariana eyed each other nevously. And Ariana asked, “Can we preform with a friend?”

"If that will get you on stage, yes.” the teacher said.

"Ok get back to your seats”

Demi and Ariana went back to sitting in the back of the class.

"So we'll do a duet?” asked Ariana.

"Sure, I could never go on this stage alone..” said Demi, sounding very nervous.

"Ok so come over to my place after school, we'll choose a song, practice a little and preform next time, sounds good?” said Ariana.

"Sounds great!”. Said Demi as they both stopped they're conversation to listen to whoever was about to preform.

The performer was Niall, he took one of the guitars that was in the music class and was getting ready to sing.

Niall sang the sing 'Satellite' by Tyrone wells.

Niall was pretty good, great with the guitar and hit all the notes right. Everybody clapped and he went back to his seat.

After class Demi came to Niall ant said, “Wow Niall you are a great singer!”

"Thanks Demi. When will I get to hear your singing voice?” He asked.

"Probably the next time we have music..” she said.

"It's not really that bad to preform.. you'll be ok.” he said trying to calm her.

She just looked at him more nervously but nodded slightly.

After school Demi and Ariana went to Ariana's, chose a song and practiced a little.

"Wow Demi..! your'e amazing!” Ariana said excitedly.

"Thanks! You are pretty damn amazing too Ari..!” Demi responded hugging Ariana.

"It's gonna be great! We're gonna be great!” Ariana said.

The day before Ariana and Demi's performance Ariana slept over at Demi's.

They both woke up and got ready for school. They were on their way out when they both heard Demi's parents fighting once more. Demi looked at Ariana apologeticly and went to the kitchen where her parents were fighting.

"We're going to school.. Me and Ariana. I'll see you guys later..” she got closer and hugged them both wispering to them, “Please save the fighting for after Madiie is out of the house.”

they both looked at her sadly as she walked out of the kitchen and out of the house.

Music was only the third class Demi had this day and she couldn't be more nervous about it.

After math and gym she went to the music class practically heaving.

"You're ready?” Ariana asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be.” Demi said wearly.

They both sat down at their usual place, the back of the class. As the teacher asked who's preforming today the girls raised their hands up saying they are going to do a duet.

They went on the stage and Demi took the guitar and atarted playing. Ariana was the first of them to sing, then came the chorus and then Demi's part, the chorus again another part they shared and then some more Ariana and Demi in the end.

[they sang 'Pearl' by katy perry].