40: Where Do We Go From Here?

Начните с самого начала

"He was on the phone with a lawyer or something," Jessica told her. "He was saying he needed to come in and get his affairs in order because he was Hep-V positive."

"Maybe he just wanted to get his will in order, with all the crazy shit that's been going on," Sookie protested.

"He said he was Hep-V positive," I repeated. "Believe me, Sookie, I don't want it to be true either. Bill's like a father to me. I don't want to lose him."

Sookie was silent for a moment. "Rachel," she said. "Can you take me to the clinic? I think I've been exposed."

"What?" I asked. "We all got tested last week, you were negative."

"I need to get tested again," she said. "Will you take me?"

I looked between her and Jess, and nodded. "Yeah, of course."

OoOoO

After Sookie's appointment she asked to be taken to Jason's. I went back to Bill's to wait with Jessica until Sookie called us with the results. "What happens after Bill dies?" Jessica asked.

"I don't know."

"Have you told Lily?"

I shook my head. "I tried her cell, but she didn't pick up. I'm glad she didn't, I'm not sure I want to tell her. With Eric being Hep-V positive, it might be too much."

"She deserves to know."

"I know she does. I'll tell her, I just need time."

"We may not have a lot of that," she said.

We were both quiet for a moment. "You can have the house, if you want it. I'll sell it to you."

"Sell?" She repeated.

"Technically, this place still belongs to Rachel and me. It got passed down to us through the years. Our mom was the first Compton generation to not live here, or in Louisiana for that matter. That's why Bill moved back in, he thought there was no one left to claim it, and then Lily and I showed up." I shrugged. "Hell, I'll give you the house. But I think you have to like at least pay a dollar or something, just to make the whole transfer of deed official. I'm not sure how all that works."

"It would be weird to live here without Bill," she said. "I don't know if I'd want to."

"It'd be even weirder to sell this place to a stranger," I told her.

"You could move back in."

I shrugged. Before I could answer, I heard a car pull up outside. I walked out of the living room just as Sookie opened the door. Jessica came outside as soon as she heard the front door close. We both looked at Sookie. "It was positive," she said quietly. "I did this to him. I'm so sorry, I didn't know."

I hugged her, and then Jessica hugged me. Sookie was shaking with sobs, and I realized I was crying too. "It's okay."

It seemed like we stood there crying for hours. Eventually the sun set, and Bill returned home. He walked in to find us sitting on the steps. We all looked up at him, no one said anything. He could tell we already knew.

LPOV

We pulled up outside of Amber's house. Gus's men opened the door for us to get out of the car. We led them up to the house, and Eric rang the doorbell. After a moment the door opened and Amber was standing there. I gasped.

"What in the fuck?" Pam asked, taking the words right out of my mouth. Amber's black veins were gone.

Eric grabbed her by the neck. "How come you're healed?"