"As your maker, I command you, later." Willa frowned. I sympathized with the pain of being forced to do something against your will, just because someone commanded you to. We joined the others outside. "Jesus, that took ages," Pam grumbled.

"I understand you are vastly outnumbered," Eric said to Bill.

"We're going?" Pam asked.

"We're going," Eric confirmed. Pam groaned but got in the car with us.

OoOoO

When we returned to Fangtasia I had a pang of nostalgia. From the look on Rachel's face, she was having the same thought. I supposed she had more reason to look at the place fondly. I had never been to the bar for fun, I'd always been there when shit was hitting the fan.

We went into the back alley, where Eric had explained there was an old tunnel that ran into the basement. We sent Sam in, as a rat, though the grate to make sure everyone was all right. When he returned Eric began to punch a hole through the wall, but, thanks to his weakened state, it was a slow process. "Save your strength." I pushed him lightly aside and punched the wall, the bricks crumbled.

He started towards the hole, but Pam held him back. "Lily's right, you need to save your strength. I'll go with Bill." Eric didn't look thrilled about it, but Pam and Bill disappeared into the tunnel. We waited tensely for them to return. Nicole and Jane Bodehouse emerged from the tunnel followed by Pam.

"Where's Arlene?" Sookie asked.

"Upstairs," Nicole said.

"Bill went after her, we need to get inside," Pam said.

"I'm infected, they'll let me in," Eric said. "Rachel can come with me."

"I'll go instead," Sookie said. "Rachel can't go."

At Eric's puzzled expression, Rachel explained. "I'm pregnant. But I can still go, I'm here to help."

"I'll take Sookie," Eric said quickly. The two of them headed towards the front door.

I grabbed his hand and he turned towards me. "Be careful in there."

"Don't worry, I'm not going to die yet." He squeezed my hand lightly before letting go.

The rest of us headed down the tunnel and through the basement. When we got to the top of the stairs we found Bill waiting. Before we could make our move, a sudden explosion cut us off.

"Go, go!" Bill commanded, shoving us back down the stairs. We ran back through the tunnel and into the alley. In the parking lot, the vigilante humans who had been responsible for Alcide's death were shooting into Fangtasia. Infected vampires spilled out of the bar and attacked the humans. While they were distracted we made our move. I fought my way though the crowd, killing vampires and humans alike. I saw Rachel shoot one of the humans with a look of pure loathing on her face. Clearly she wasn't carrying any grudges.

One of the humans wrapped a silver chain around my neck and Jason shot him in the head. I looked around, we'd somehow won and part of that had been thanks to the awful vampire-hating humans.

"Where's Eric?" I asked.

Pam looked around. "Eric?" She called. Everyone began looking for him, when suddenly he popped his head up in the window of the humans' van. "You scared the shit out of me."

"I was hungry."

OoOoO

Eric made a phone call and had a clean up crew on the premises in fifteen minutes to take care of all the bodies. He also had light tight coffins sent so we'd be able to travel to Texas, not that I needed one. Pam dragged Willa back inside the bar, I groaned, knowing this wasn't going to be pretty. "I don't give a shit!" She shouted in Pam's face. "I'm not going anywhere with you!"