12: Purple

The day all of the young wizards and witches would arrive was finally upon us, though there were still several hours left until their arrival, the energy in the castle that morning was unlike anything I had ever felt. It was as if the castle itself knew what was about to happen, and it was more than thrilled. I awoke that day in my chambers that had been relocated in order to be closer to the slytherin dorms, and quickly sprang out of bed, anxiously anticipating the days events. I got dressed in a black tank top and leggings, threw my hair up in a failed attempt at a messy bun, brushed my teeth, splashed water on my face, and made my way to the kitchen where I grabbed an apple before heading outside.

I made a few laps around the castle as I did most mornings, trying to take in the last few moments of solitude before the castle would be without a doubt whirring with young witches and wizards, eager to learn more about this fascinating world that I would now get to be a part of. I felt eyes on me and looked up at the astronomy tower where I could have sworn I saw a black cape softly billowing in the breeze.

Ever since the incident between Snape and I, where we would have kissed had it not been for Dumbledore's impeccable timing- note the strong use of sarcasm- Snape has acted extremely hostile towards me, almost as if I don't exist. I couldn't say that I didn't understand where he was coming from, however I also couldn't deny that it did hurt my feelings.

Once I found myself consumed in my thoughts, I decided it would be best to head back in to the castle and prepare myself for the arrival of students. I made my way to my rooms and took a very long shower that I so desperately needed in order to wash away some of the stress. After my shower, I decided it would be fun to dye my hair, so that's exactly what I did. I asked Merril to bring me two boxes of purple hair dye and as soon as she returned, which was in a matter of moments, I got to work. After bleaching and dying my hair, only staining most of my bathroom in the process (Don't worry, Merril helped me clean it), I let my hair air dry and left it down to cascade around my figure. I applied a purple and brown smoky eye, winged eyeliner, filled in my brows, applied highlight, and lastly I put on some nude lipstick.

I checked the time to see that I was supposed to be in the great hall in 10 minutes. I quickly dressed in my robes and sprinted down to see that Dumbledore and all of the headmasters had already taken their seats, however the students had not yet come in. All of the professors were impressed with my transformation, I noticed that Snape couldn't help but stare wordlessly.

Soon after my arrival, students began filing in, all looking at me curiously. Seeing so many strangers all at once was definitely nerve wracking yet exciting. I wondered who I'd be friends with, who I'd get into arguments with, and who would be the most annoying. There were so many possibilities and I genuinely was so excited.