Chapter 2 - Let the Sun Shine, Let the Sun Shine In....

Song on Sean's iPod: Aquarius – The Fifth Dimension

My one previous boyfriend never kissed me like this. Sean was on a mission to explore every inch of my mouth. Somehow, he still made the kiss feel intimate rather than vulgar. I felt cherished by this gorgeous man. Stupendous Sean Smooches Simple Sang.

When the kiss finally ended, the rain had stopped and the sun was poking through the clouds. Sean rested his forehead against mine for a minute until our breathing returned to normal. "Pookie, we better go find some scrubs to borrow or we'll both be sick by morning." Knowing he was right, I reluctantly pulled away and we made our way back towards the building.

"It's amazing how it can be sunny one minute, pouring the next, and then go back to beautiful." I mused as we walked back towards the building. Sean was quiet, seemingly content to just be in my presence. Either that or he was as cold as I was now that we stopped kissing.

When we made it back inside we quickly found the doctor's changing areas and some extra scrubs and got out of our wet clothes. One of the other doctors was an angel and wordlessly handed me a hair dryer. I profusely thanked her and quickly dried my hair until it wasn't sopping wet anymore.

When I left the changing area Sean was waiting for me in the hallway, his head looking down and his fingers flying across the screen of his phone. Teasing him, "Letting your hot date tonight down gently?"

Sean's head whipped up and his answering grin was wide. "Why yes Pookie. I had to let my stick in the mud roommate Owen, who I refuse to call Dr. Blackbourne, know that we were just about to leave. Apparently he is very concerned that we will not accomplish our assignments tonight."

"Oh lay off of Dr. M&M. He's just shields himself behind a candy shell." Oh shit. Did I say that out loud? Sean bursts into laughter and I know that I did.

"Dr. M&M? Really, Pookie? The candy that's tag line is "Melts in your mouth, not in your hand." Oh God, I'm not going to be able to look him in the eye now." He continues to laugh uncontrollably as we make our way back to the car. By the time we pull out of the parking lot Sean has gotten himself somewhat under control although his lips still twitch with mirth. A few minuets later I watch as something dawns on him and his expression changes. "Wait a second! Do you have nicknames for all of us?" Oh shit. I'm screwed. I never could lie.

"Uh.... Maybe?"

"Maybe my ass! What do you call me in that pretty little head of yours." Well, at least his isn't Sunshine or Rainbows.

"Um.... Dr. Flirty" I mumble to him.

"Hah! We'll I guess I've been referred to as worse things. And I only flirt with you now. So I'm ok with being your Dr. Flirty."

"Well, you did give me the ridiculous name of Pookie. I think you've gotten the better end of the deal."

"Nope," he says popping the "p". "I told you, Pookie is cute. Like you." The rest of the ride is fairly mundane; outside of Sean's ever entertaining music collection. "You have to have a little bit of everything, Pookie. It keeps people on their toes."

"But does one really need One Direction and The Ramones on the same collection?"

"Obviously, duh!"

"Whatever you say, Sean."

We make our way into the cabin and find most of our colleagues have made their way back. We're still waiting on Axel, Silas, North, and Brandon to get back. Luke and his assigned roommate Gabe are in charge of dinner for the evening and I make my way to the kitchen to work on my meditation prompt and watch them work. Ok, so I want to ogle them in secret.