Chapter 19

Violets point of view

I almost dreaded the night, I didn't want it to come. Yet, the darkness was settling in, making the sun set on the distance. I spent the whole day with Andy at Disneyland that day, (well not all day.) We woke up later than we had to, and got there just in time to wait in line for an hour on every ride we wanted to go on. Knowing that we weren't going to get onto many rides, we just decided to go home in utter disappointment.

I was terrified of the dark, knowing that Jeff might be in it. He killed the nurse right outside my window at the hospital right after I left to go to the bathroom. (An excuse to leave the room.) That night, Andy immediately checked me out of the hospital; though the doctors didn't recommend it, but who actually listens to them these days?

It was seven when I entered my room that night. I opened the door slowly and peeked inside. Everything was dark and hard to see. Slowly, I made my way over to my lamp; since I don't have a light switch. The light flickered on and the room lit up in a flash. I sighed in relief as I realized that no one had entered, nothing had been moved. I laid on my bed and sighed. This has gone on for too long! I can't be living my life in fear. It's eating me alive. All this frustration makes me feel worse. I took out my pencil and some paper and began to draw. At first random shapes became a body structure, and it soon became Jeff, for the thousandth time. "Ugh!" I yelled out as I crumpled the paper and threw it across the room.

I flopped back onto my bed and wrapped my arms around my ladybug pillow pet that Andy had bought for me a couple weeks ago. I let some of my tears flow onto the soft pillow; it made me feel somewhat better. "Violet." Andy's voice echoed from downstairs. I wiped my tears away and tried to sound as normal as possible. "Yeah?" I got off the bed and walked over to the railing of the stairs. "I'm heading out." He said as he adjusted his belt and strapped some stuff into his empty pockets. He was wearing his dark blue police uniform, and his hair was already slicked back. "Make sure to lock everything before you sleep. I'll be coming home late tonight." I headed down the stairs and gave Andy a small smile. "Okay." He hugged me tight and whispered in my ear, "I want you to be safe when I get back." His growing unshaven beard prickled my face as he kissed my forehead goodbye. "I'll see you tomorrow Violet." He says waving a hand as he opens the front door. "Bye daddy." Realizing what I had just said, I gasped and held my mouth with both hands. Andy stopped short and stared at me with surprised eyes. I felt my face getting hotter by the second; clearly embarrassed by the small outburst. Andy smiled widely as he waves his hand again. "Bye sweetie." I hear him laugh as he shuts the door, locking it shut behind him. My face got hotter. "Why did I say that?" I thought to myself and headed into the kitchen. I served myself a bowl of Rice Crispies and sat near the T.V, where I watched some movies for a couple hours.

********************

I felt my eyes getting heavy as the credits for Kung Fu Panda started to appear on the screen. I yawned and got up, turning of the T.V, and checked all the doors and windows. Seeing that they were all locked, I headed upstairs to my room. It was 1:38.

My legs gave out and I hit the bed face-first. "Andy wont be home for a couple hours." I thought to myself as the sleepiness started to creep into my brain. I moved my head towards the window, mostly to breath. The slight wind outside made the trees dance in the moonlight. I didn't feel like getting into the blankets, so I stayed there, lying on some pillows and curled up in a ball. My pants dug slightly into my skin, but I was too sleepy to move. I closed my eyes and let the darkness take over me.

********************

TAP. TAP. TAP.

I groaned and moved my body over, ignoring the pain in my hip.

TAP ... TAP.

I opened my eyes slightly and glanced at my clock. 3:17.

TAP ... SCREEEEEE!

I covered my ears as a high pitched sound pierced throughout the room. It sounded worse than nails on a chalkboard. After a couple seconds of agonizing torture, the sound stopped. I, obviously awake now, turned around to look out the window, only to see, once again, Jeff. I gasped in horror as he lifted a fist and punched the window, hard. It made a loud BANG and made the window vibrate fiercely. I jumped and almost fell off my bed as he lifted his fist once again, and hitting with so much force, that the window began to crack. The punches seemed to have no affect on his hand as he repeatedly hit the window, causing the cracks to multiply in size. I couldn't move, I was frozen, it was as though I was paralyzed with fear. His dark eyes stared into mine as he continued to hit the glass. Realizing he wasn't doing much damage with his hand, his got up and lifted his foot. My eyes widened as his blow struck through the window, making the small shards leap out and scatter everywhere.

I couldn't get any feeling in my legs, and Jeff continued to break the window until there was literally no glass. He safely jumped inside. Over all, this took no more than two minutes. He smiled widely and let out a breath. "Hello." He almost sang as he waved the hand that had that knife in. I screamed and scrambled on the floor. He laughed at my inability to get up and took brisk steps towards me. "No! No!" I started to scream at him. He cocked his head to the side, "Yes, Yes." He smirked, mocking me. I crawled backward, the hot tears already filling my eyes, blurring my vision. My back hits the wall near the dresser. The door was at the other side of the room, nearest Jeff. "What do you want?" I almost sobbed, knowing I had no way of escaping. He put the tip of his knife in his mouth, as if thinking. "We'll thats easy," he smirked, putting his knife away inside his hoodie pocket. "I want you." He bent down and grabbed ahold of my waist. "What are you doing?! Let go!" I yelled as I tried to kick him in a certain area. "Now, now. If you move like that I'll hurt you." He said struggling. He flings me over his shoulder as If I weigh nothing; He heads back towards the window. I keep trying to kick him while I hit his back repeatedly. He laughs at my failed attempts to hurt him and jumps out of the window, landing on the balcony and finally, onto the grass of the backyard. "Help!" I scream flailing. "Ugh! Shut up!" He hisses and hold me tighter as we start to go over fences and run across streets. All the bouncing makes me loose my breath and I stay quiet, my throat already raspy and dry.

After a couple blocks, Jeff puts me down but doesn't let me go. He pulls me towards a red Celica, (seemingly his.) opening the car door, and tossed me inside. I obviously didn't want to be murdered so I try to get out through the other side, But I was too slow. Jeff grabbed my ankles and pulled me back. He jumps on top of me and lowers his head close to mine. His long black hair touched my face, making it itchy. "I don't want to harm you, Violet. But I'm getting so frustrated, that I just might." He whispered low enough for me to hear. He then pulls out some rope he had in the passenger seat and begins to tie my arms and legs. "Good girl." He says smirking and slowly gets out of the back, and into the drivers seat. The car purrs to life and he speeds away.

After a while of trying to look out the window, I get dizzy and shut my eyes. "Where is he taking me?" I ask myself. He never put tape on my mouth, so I could talk, but I didn't want to. My throat was too dry, and whenever I tried, my voice was too cracked to understand. Jeff would shift gears constantly, almost making me roll off the seat, and never stopped. After what seemed like hours, he came to a stop.

He hopped out of the car and opened the door to great me. "Let's go." He whispers and throws me over his shoulder; kicking the door shut. We were in an empty parking lot, it seemed deserted. We entered the thick woods in a rush. The trees and bushes slapped at my face while Jeff ran around some trees and hopped into a bush where the trees seemed to stick together like a wall. The branches clawed my cheeks, making them bleed slightly. We entered a clearing where there was a small cabin. "Oh no." I thought as he jumps onto the steps almost happily. He kicks open the door and throws me onto the couch. There were blood stains here and there which made me cringe. He closes the door and walks over to me. "Welcome to my home." He says and slowly gets on top of me. "I've been waiting for the moment when I could have you all to myself, Violet." He purrs throwing the knife that was in his pocket into the wall across the room. "Don't touch me!" I try to yell, but it comes out raspy. He laughs loudly and gets off me, walking to another room. "Oh god," I feel tears prickling in my eyes.

"Please," I whisper. "Someone save me ... Please."

***Yay! I'm done. Sorry about the lack of chapters here, but you know how it is when you have writers block. :|

Anyways, thanks for reading my first ever book. Means a lot to me, no seriously, words can't explain how great full I feel right now. not sure if I'm making a sequel to this book.Please be patient while figure this out. Thank you so much guys. Until then. Ja-ne. :3***

Go To SleepOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara