Go To Sleep

Prologue

"Join me." He says reaching a hand out to her. She is repulsed by him and takes a step backwards. He isn't normal; his face is white and his lips are a deep shade of red. His mouth is cut upward, causing him to smile; forever. His eyes are wide and unblinking, burned and scarred all around. His sleek, black,shoulder-length hair is covering most of his face. The blood of her parents was spluttered on the floor and on his white sweatshirt. He took a couple steps towards her, making her back up into a wall. The knife he used only moments ago was still in his hand, dripping with blood onto her mothers favorite carpet. The smell was unbearable, it was hard for her to breath. Little by little he cornered her, trapping her from escape. Seeing she couldn't run, she sank down to her knees; shaking. He knelt on one knee and grabbed her arm roughly, holding his knife to her throat.

"I don't take rejection well." His eyes are full of hatred and anger. His pupils, small and intimidating burned right through her. She shook harder. He chuckled evilly. Her heartbeat quickened and her eyes widened as he dragged the knife ever so slowly across her neck. "I'm not very patient." He whispers, thinking of cutting her soft, pale, delicate skin. Wanting to see her blood on his clothes, longing to feel her heart in his hands. He shuddered with pleasure at the thought and licked his fingertips which were covered in her parents' blood. "If your not going to answer... Should I just take your life now?" He chuckles casually as he digs the tip of knife into her flesh.

She can't speak, she's too terrified that she would say something wrong. The girl stays quiet, letting the tears slip out, enduring the pain. The sound of sirens appear though the air and he gets up suddenly. "Tch, and here I thought I had more time." A look of disgust crosses his face. After a while he stares back at her crying figure. "I'd kill you now, but I'm feeling generous today." He turned away and heads for the back door. "I'd like to hear your answer soon" he says with a smirk and disappears around the corner.

The girl doesn't move, she only lets the tears flow. She doesn't make a sound, she doesn't blink. She has no family left, all alone, an orphan. The police bust through the front door and charge inside, pointing their guns at the walls as if the killers going to pop out any second. But she knows he's gone. They find her in the kitchen, and not far in the living room, her parents. The floors and walls covered in their blood. Their necks cut, stomachs disembouled, their eyes on the floor which have been taken out, and their lips cut upward to a smile. The officers stepped back at the sight and smell of rotting flesh.

They take the girl outside for fresh air. The tears are still falling out of her eyes, and she lets them. An officer that looked about in his 40's pats her on the head not knowing what to do. A failed attempt at making her feel better. He was called inside and left the girl.

She sunk to her knees once more and cried her eyes out. She mourned for her parents. She wanted to see their smiling faces, to hug them like she did when she was smaller, she wanted them to be alive. But they're gone now, all that's left is the bodies. She rubbed her eyes with the sleeves of her green "Invader Zim" sweater her mom bought for her fourteenth birthday. It was her favorite.

She was a mess. Her long, dark brown hair sticking out and on her forehead from the sweat, her eyes red and puffy, and her jeans and new black converse were red with blood. She was about to go inside to wipe them off when something caught her eye. It gleamed in the moonlight. She got closer and realized it was the mans knife. She remembered his face and shuddered, pushing away the thought. The knife was deep into the wall of the house. A piece of paper was stuck with it. Words were written in a deep red; blood. It seemed fresh and hard to read as it dripped lightly onto the grass below.

"Don't disappoint me" It said.

"I want to know what you think of my proposal. I'll be back for you one day. I promise. Goodbye for now, Violet.

- Jeff

She yanked off the note and crumpled it; tears welling up in her eyes again. Jeff. Jeff the killer. Jeff the murderer. He was coming back. She shook due to the cold, distress and emence fear. He ruined everything. She thought of tossing the crumpled paper into the woods behind her, but decided to keep it instead, the knife too. Jeff would return someday, he even promised. What would she do? Her tears fell onto the grass underneath her. How would she protect herself from a psychotic killer? She wiped the tears away again and stuffed the note in her pocket. For that, she would hope and pray that the police would catch him before he catches her.

***Hey everybody! This is my first time writing a book! I know this isn't very good but I try to do my very best! My chapters will be short. Sorry! •__• ***