Chapter 14

Jeff the killers point of view

After I found out where Violet was, I couldn't help but want to see her again. I had killed about six police officers that day to know. That night, I drove to the address where those girls told me Violet was in a rush. I had to see her again.

I drove past the house a couple times on accident and finally parked a couple houses down. Those past hours were probably the longest in my life. I couldn't imagine anything worse, except maybe the rides at Disneyland when I was 12. I slowly got out of the car, trying not to make a sound. I jogged on the sidewalk and stopped in front of the house, pulling up my hoodie sleeves to feel the Fall breeze. Leaves on nearby trees were on the ground and casually falling in the wind. I draped myself in my hood and walked around to the side of the house were I opened the wooden door to the backyard. There wasn't a lock or anything so it was no big deal. An unfinished balcony stood on six wooden pillars as soon as I got in. It connected to the wall and came down slightly, allowing me to easily climb the pole and get on. Unpolished cement covered the top as if it was like that for a while.

I snuck briskly, letting the cement crumble a little under my weight. I held my knife in my hand just in case. Peeking in though a window, I saw nothing, the blinds were probably down or something. I tried pushing it up, but to no avail, it was locked. I sighed and sneakily walked over to another window. This window was crystal clear and I had a perfect view on what was in the inside. I sunk down to eye level, and kept looking inside the bedroom, watching closely for any movement. The moonlight only went so far, I saw half a bed, a dresser and some stuff lying around.

Then I saw slight movement, I ducked under and held my heart, it was pumping furiously. Was I seen? I slowly peeked inside and sighed, they were still sleeping. Looking closely, I noticed it was Violet. Her small sleeping figure fascinated me even more than when she was awake. It seemed that she fell asleep listening to her music, she still had her ear buds in. I smiled to myself as she shifted and made a face in the process. I tried to open the window, but again failed. Whoever she lived with is very precise and careful. I dug my knife into the small slit of a hole, and waved it up and down, in my desperate attempt to get to Violet.

I dug in deeper until I heard a muffled crack. I smiled wider and lifted the window with both hands. My feet touched the ground and I slid down into the darkness silently, creeping sideways to a corner. Her soft snoring and messed up hair was somewhat attractive, in a weird sort of way. After a while of staring, I realized that I had walked up to her and was leaning a little towards her body. What was it about her that I found so ... amusing? I moved a strand of hair out of her face, slowly touching her soft, pale, cheek. I shuddered a little and pulled back as she groaned. What am I doing? I backed up to the wall and sat on my ankles, holding my head up with my hand. Some hair got onto my face as I shifted my head to the side. She's so small and insignificant, pale and unworthy of my attention, so why? Why can't I hurt her? I ran a hand through my black hair, thinking. Every time I see her, I get nervous and can't control myself.

I came in every night after that. I just couldn't keep away. I didn't kill anyone for weeks, it's like my whole world had turned upside down.