Chapter 18

Kaylieh's POV:

His friend? I was his friend? That kinda hurt.

"I'm going to hang with Liam for a bit."

"Ok, babe." And he kissed my forehead.

"Ello, love. What's wrong?" Liam, along with the other boys, could read me like a book. Unless, of course, you're Niall and were dazzled by an ex.

"Rebecca. What's the story on her and Niall?"

"Ooh. Well, we had a party like this right before our album release party. They both got drunk and hooked up before the party ended. They dated for about a month. No one ever found out why he dumped her. We're not even sure he knows why. You're not worried about them are you?" Liam knew I was worried.

"She said she's gonna try to start seeing him again. And Niall said I was just his friend. I thought we had something special.."

"I can't say not to worry. He's a heartthrob. But I can tell you this. You're an amazing girl. If Niall sees something he likes Rebecca that he doesn't see in you, well, one: he's crazy and two: it's his loss." He kissed me on the cheek. "You wanna dance?"

And the party began.

After about 3 hours of partying, meeting Simon Cowell and Ed Sheeran, and dancing with Liam, Louis, Harry, Laura, Alex, and Bree, nearly everyone was completely wasted. Bree apologized for kissing Harry. She said she was fangirling and didn't even like him that much. Neither one of us knew why I cared so much. Bree was a relatively good girl and Harry was an amazing guy, but I couldn't get it off my mind.

"Come here, Hazza, my love!" Louis was always making jokes about Larry Stylinson. Louis was sitting on the couch and motioned for Harry to come sit in his lap.

I noticed Zayn and Alex in the corner. They were whispering, giggling, and kissing. Niall wasn't anywhere in sight. And worse.. Neither was Rebecca. I didn't want it to ruin my mood so I figured I'd just try to have fun. So I, Sober Kaylieh, walked over to a wasted Louis and Harry.

"How's the happy couple," I cooed.

"Oh, fantastic! We're going to get married actually!" Louis pecked Harry on the cheek.

"Oh really? What about Eleanor? That's right you bloody-" They didn't always use the nicest language, "I saw you two kissing the other day. We are officially through!!" Harry teased. He was pretty adorable when he was drunk.

They kept rambling on about their "relationship" and my mind drifted off to Niall and Rebecca. Where were they? What were they doing? We're they even together? Of course they were! Thinking of it made me upset, nearly bringing tears to my eyes.

I told myself to just go to the bathroom and get situated and then join the party again. I walked down the hall to go into the bathroom when I heard my favorite, thick Irish accent. I couldn't understand what he was saying, but I had a feeling I knew who he was talking to.

I crept closer to the last room on the hall. It was the guest bedroom.

"Niall, you know you missed me."

"Beccie, how could I not."

"You're so sweet. Oh, Niall, you're adorable."

They were silent. Not completely silent. They were moving around, but not talking until..

"I really missed you, Bec."

I peered into the room. They were most deffinantly making out. Well, they were practically swallowing each others faces. Disgusting. I couldn't make a big scene. I'm not like that.

Tears were streaming down my face as I ran through the party to get into the kitchen. I noticed someone slowly stumbling after me. I decided then and there I needed something to make me feel better. I snatched someone's drink off the counter ready for a big gulp of alcohol when the cup was whacked out if my hand.

"Excuse m-"

"Look," Harry was standing there obviously drunk, "Kaylieh, I've known you almost my ENTIRE life. You've never drank alcohol that I can remember and your not starting now." His words slurred, but he cared even when he was under the influence. How sweet.

I burst into tears. "I know Niall and I have only known each other for a week, but I thought he really liked me. I'm an idiot. This beautiful Beccie comes in and low and behold is all over Niall. I should've seen it coming. I'm tired of disappointment from my mom, my step dad, Niall. I'm only disappointing myself by getting my hopes up."

Harry grabbed my hand without saying a word and stumbled outside. "You're beautiful. Niall is the idiot along with your mom and any other person that's EVER disappointed you!!" He practically yelled it at me. His eyes were big. "I love my Kaylieh Claire." He grabbed my waist and kissed me hard and passionately. That was all he bad to say and he stumbled back into the house.

I was in absolute shock mode. This was my best friend talking. Maybe it was just the alcohol. I decided to grab Niall's car keys and go home. I texted him as soon as I got home.

"Hey. I went home, but didn't have a ride. Took your car. Your keys are on the kitchen table, if you need it bad enough. Bye."

I went home and plopped on my bed. I few years fell onto my pillow. How could Niall do that to me? I couldn't sleep. I got up, grabbed my song book, and went down stairs to play.

The song I was currently writing was about love and happiness. I decided if I was ever going to finish this love song, I had to think about my wonderful friendship with Harry.

I finished the song and realized how tired I was. I slowly walked to my bedroom, changed clothes, brushed my teeth, and fell asleep within 2 minutes of laying down.

(A/N wow! Getting dramatic, yah? Thanks for reading this! It means a lot! Please vote, share, comment, etc! Toodles!)