Chapter Eleven: Broken (Violet P.O.V)

hey guys! just wanted to say i hope you like the story so far. o, and that i wont update until i hit 300 reads. you can do it! I believe! I believe I can fly, i believe i can touch the sky, ok sorry im back. anyways, i looked in the mirror this morning and thought to myself, (im starting with the man in the mirror, im asking him to change his ways. no message could've been any clearer. if you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change!) sorry, i like that song. anyways, i thought that if you guys really liked it, then it wouldnt be too hard to get 300 reads, right? you know, kind of get you guys to try to get other people to read it so i'll update. muahahahahahahahahaha! anyways, enjoy, or be beat with a stick! >:3

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

I stared at Flavus in disbelief. What?!

"Um, Flavus, that's sweet, but you have to understand, I wish you hadn't told me that, because now I'm going to have to crush your little heart, and I would hate to do that. But sadly, I have to. Flavus, you know I love Chade, you're more of a friend. I'm sorry, but I just don't feel the same. I'm sure you'll find someone else, you're plenty attractive," I said gently.

I hated to do this. He stood up. "

I get that you like him and all, but open your eyes! If you stay with him, you'll never have kids, never be married, never truly be satisfied. You could've been happy with me," he retorted, marching away.

"Flavus," I called after him.

I sighed and put my head in my hands. This sucked. I sat for hours, never moving, never thinking. Just sitting. I wanted to drown in sadness. I had lost one of my friends. He could keep the shack, I would just have to drop by for showers. Why were guys so difficult? Why were they so blind? I had made it obvious I love Chade, and that he was of no interest to me other than a friend. Why did I have to be different? Why couldn't I be normal. Then again, I loved being unique. I was just so confused. I hugged my knees to my chest. Why did Flavus have to fall in love with me? He knew he couldn't have me. Chade came out from the shadows.

"Hey, how are you doing?"

"Terrible."

"Why? Where's Flavus?"

"We were just talking, he confessed he loved me, I told him no and that I loved you, but that I still wanted to be friends. He got mad, did some ranting, and marched off. I haven't seen him since."

Chade picked me up and set me on his shoulder.

"Well, I don't sense him anymore, so maybe he's at the shack. How about let's go for a walk, to clear your head," he suggested.

I nodded and thought as we walked through the forest. The more I thought about it, the worse I felt. I wanted to be friends with Flavus again. Maybe he's cooled off by now.

"Hey, drop me off at the edge of the woods," I said.

He nodded and held onto me, shadow traveling. He set me down at the edge and told me he'd wait for me. I wandered towards the shack, going over what i intended to say. I walked up to the door, and I immediately knew something was wrong. I entered the room and collapsed.

Flavus was slumped against the wall with a giant bloodstain on his chest. A bloody knife was in his hand. His eyes were open, staring into nothingness. I sobbed and crawled over, closing his eyes. That's when I noticed the note. I unfolded it and started to read. 'Dear Violet, I'm sorry, but I needed to. I had nothing else to live for. I loved you, and even though you didn't feel the same, I still loved you. I couldn't live without you. I'm sorry, I could never be enough for you. I hope you live happily. Love, Flavus.' is what it read.

I set it down and cried even more. I was so miserable. It was all my fault.