Epilogue

Epilogue
One year later
Patrick
The summer breeze was warm against my body, as I tried to BBQ sausages on the back porch.
I couldn't believe it had been a year since I was in a comma fighting for life. So much had happened since then. The new plan was now up and running. With one farm, growing cattle, one growing sheep, and three others getting ready to sow wheat, canola and safflower.
Jenson and Alice were making plans to build a house on the block of land I gave them. I was really happy for them.
And for Rose and I. We had gotten married five months ago. The ceremony was held at the back of the house. Most of the village showed up. White chairs lied in rows of ten with a white isle in between them as rose petals lied on it. I was breathless at the sight of Rose. The white dress was made of silk and flowed down her body like a river. Her hair was curled and tied into a side ponytail.
After the reception, we flew to Venice for our honeymoon.
Rose came out from the back door in a summer dress. The pink and yellow tie died colours brought out her eyes, as did the wooden peace sign that was stitched to the dress with a tie died belt. She wore the dress often because it was the only thing that fit her that was comfort over her four month baby bump.
She placed a beer on the shelf of the BBQ pecking my lips as she did. She whimpered as I opened the beer and took a sip out of it.
"No Rose, no," I said chuckling.
"Just one sip," she begged, "please."
I shook my head, "no wife of mine will be drinking alcohol while she's carrying my heir."
She groaned, "Well no husband of mine should be drinking alcohol while I'm carry his heir."
I chuckled again, taking another sip.
"Where's Jenson and Alice?" Rose asked.
"Jenson took her to London for the weekend," a smile spread across my face. It was only the other week when Jenson showed me the ring.
Rose had her smirk on her face as she read through my smile.
"He's going to purpose, isn't he?"
I nodded. She squealed wrapping her arms around my neck. I locked my lips on hers pushing her body against mine. I lost control and dragged her over to the railing. Lifting her upon it, I found my hands siding up her dress as her hands slid up my shirt. I felt her warm fingers against my new scar and my old ones.
Just inches away from my lips, she whispered, "the meats on fire."
I stepped back, frowning.
"What?"
Her eyes grew wide as she pointed at the BBQ.
"The meats on fire!"
I turned and saw the red and yellow flame coming out of the grill.
"All, damn," I groaned, turning down the heat and getting the sausages out of the firing line.
Rose giggled as she slapped my arse and took the tongs from my hands, pushing me out of the way.
"Let someone who actually knows how to cook, do it."
I chuckled stepping back. I took my place leaning against the white railing admiring the view. My beauty.
Jeremy Fisher was wrong. I could have everything.
Rose gaze up to me catching me staring. But smiled and focused on the meat. Pushing off the railing I found my place behind her. I kissed her neck and ran my hands up and down her sides. Crinkling the dress between my fingers, pressing against her skin. She groaned but still moved the meat around.
"I love you," I said against her neck.
"Well you better, because then the wedding, honeymoon and this thing growing inside of me was a big mistake."
I chuckled moving to her side.
"What do you think it is?" I asked placing my hand on her belly.
She shrugged, "a very rich baby."
I tilted my head, "I'm serious. What do you think it is? Will it be an Easter Rose or a Lucas Patrick?"
She giggled, "I don't know, we said we didn't want to know."
"I know, I know. But it's too bad that the surprise wasn't connected with the waiting."
She smiled and turn back to the meat. She picked up one of the sausages with the tongs and showed me the burnt piece of meat.
"Do you think it's done?"
We started to laugh as I nodded, "Probably five minutes before it looks like that."
Trying to catch her breath, she placed it on the white plate beside of her.
"How's Kate doing?" I asked remembering the girls in the library the other day. Kate had broken up with her two-year boyfriend. He had cheated on her while he was in Winchester.
"Not okay, she's pretty upset. But on a happier note, Zoey and Luke are celebrating their two month anniversary tomorrow."
I smiled happy for them. Luke was the bartender at the tavern and seem like the perfect guy for Zoey.
"That's great, Rose, that really is."
She smiled and kissed my lips again. I stared into her eyes as I pushed a lock of hair behind her ear. Those auburn eyes. How they draw you in? How they take your breath away?
"The first time I saw you, I thought you were the most beautiful girl I've ever met," I admitted to her.
She tilted her head, her eyes flicking from my lips to my eyes, "the first time I saw you, I that you were the most interesting person, I've ever met" a grin spread across my face as she continued, "then I thought you were a rich kid."
"And I thought you were a pain in the arse."
She giggle, "I'm pretty sure is ass."
I smiled my lips drawing closer to hers, "no it's arse."
"If you say so."
I kissed her lips tasting strawberries.
Rose and I had all the time in the world. Nobody will hurt us, nobody could tear us apart. We had fought our demons, separate and together. And now we are stronger than ever. The night of my family's murder still haunts my dreams but I can get through them with the thought of Rose next to me. Rose still sometimes wakes in the middle of the night, dreaming about Kobey or Jeremy Fisher. But I could always lead her back to the land of sleep.
Because that's what you do when you love someone. No matter if they are a beauty or a beast.

HEY, THANKS FOR READING ROSE AND THE THORN!!! 😘
OTHER FALLEN TAILS BOOKS THAT YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
SNOW AND THE WISHING 🍎
LILLY AND THE HITMAN 🐕
ARISTOCRAT AND THE ALLY CAT 🐈