Chapter 17

Chapter 17
Jenson
I could see the connection between them a mile away. She tested him. Made him rethink everything he was brought up to believe in. He made her break down the walls she had built.
I watched them from the upstairs bedroom. Even when they were getting along, they always had a fight in their eyes. Passion.
Rose hit him with the broom making him jump. He immediately wanted to seek revenge and took the wet cloth she had dropped on the floor, swinging it like a whip. She quickly took shelter in the library.
It was interesting to watch them. They both kept their feelings secret but made it so obvious in their shinning eyes. 
Rose hid behind her stubbornness and Patrick hid behind his arrogance.
What did they have to lose? They were barely even friends and now something burned between them. Something clearly, neither of them could control.
I walked around the house like I always did. I had never seen the point of ruining my routine after that night. I would wonder the halls in search of work. Back then everything needed to be done. If the cleaners didn't need me, or the cooks or the waiters, Lord Gilbert did. He was always asking for advice. Like Sir Patrick now.
I see a lot of his father in him. More than Patrick would like to believe. He had always wished to be more like his mother and in many ways he was. His love of piano, reading, writing and looks. But in his mind was his father. The Lord would always shut himself away when things got bad. That's why Patrick was in this mess in the first place. If it wasn't for the Lord Gilbert stupidity, Patrick would still be surround by his loving family. But I guess Rose was a fine replacement.
I remember seeing her advertisement in the paper.
House cleaner, any hours, any pay.
I could almost laugh as I remembered how surprised she was when I had told her how much she would be payed. She had no idea how hard it was to clean this place.
I had tried during the first year. When Patrick was basically dead and therapy wasn't working. I cleaned so I wouldn't think about what would have happened if I hadn't had gone out that night. Those cleaners would be alive and the family would be too.
This house was haunted by the terrible event. Covered in darkness. Lost all hope. Till now. Rose was Patrick's hope.
It was time to wake up from this nightmare and open up the curtains.