Chapter 47

Chapter 47
Rose
I swept the ballroom with the little energy I had left. Curious wouldn't shut up last night and the hot water system that went to my shower was broken. So I hadn't had a good shower in days.
Patrick was back to his normal self, going along his day with ease. Sometimes I wondered what went through his mind some days. Does he remember his family? Does he think of the finance? Do I get a look in?
I had never considered what it was like for Jenson after the family was killed. Taking care of Patrick must have taken a toll on him. Physically and emotionally. Having to take responsibility for everything. The estate, the house, Patrick. No wonder nobody had cleaned the house in five years. He didn't have time.
Patrick hadn't said anything about the man yet or what he was going to do about it. He now knew that someone was responsible for his family death. Someone cause and gave the command. It wasn't just five masked man killed rich family. Someone wanted his family dead and for some reason they didn't want him.
"Day dreaming already," I jumped to the sound of Patrick's voice. His arms were crossed over his chest. He was in normal clothes again. Not that I was complaining.
"Don't even start with me. Curious wouldn't shut up last night and I have no hot water for a week."
He chuckled taking the broom from my hands, "I had a space next to me."
"I told you, every third night I'm Curious'. Otherwise he'll start to think I've abandon him."
I was amazed when he started to move the broom. He was sweeping?
"Well that's one night too many."
"You said he wasn't allowed in your room," I told him.
"Damn right. He's allowed everywhere else but I draw a line at my room."
I giggled as I watched him sweep. It was hot to watch a man at work.
"And as far as the hot water goes, you can use my bathroom."
I was surprised, he had never offered that before.
"Really,"
"Well you don't have to use mine. You can use the guest bathroom, or the girls' bathroom, or my parents' –."
"Okay, I get it, you have a lot of bathrooms."
He chuckled, "But I do suggest that you don't use my parents'."
I frowned, "why not?"
"Nothing really. But I have a feeling that either Bethany or Carmel was conceived in the shower or the bath, I can't remember."
I giggled, "Least you know where you were conceived. I barely know if I was conceived in a bed or a bar counter."
He laughed but I was serious. My parents were ribulose Americans. They didn't even have the sense of mind to use a condom.
"So shower, yes or no?" he asked breaking my thoughts. He stood tall with the broom against his body.
I tilted my head in a flirty way, "depends, are you going to be there?"
"Depends, do you want me there?"
Like a reflex, my hand rubbed against his chest.
"I think it would nice to have a man to keep me company."
His grin grew as our lips met in a slow and passionate kiss. Still inches from my lips, he took my hand and said, "Come with me."
He led me to the back porch and down the marble steps. The warm spring breeze felt nice on my skin as I followed him across the grass.
He stopped and moved behind me. I felt his hands over my eyes blocking out my view.
"What are you up to, Patrick Gilbert?" I asked bursting with excitement.
"Just trust me, Rose Hall."
I started to giggle as he pressed on. Stumbling to find my feet, I quickly recovered.
I felt the flatness of cerement and a creek of a metal gate or door. His hands moved away but I kept my eyes shut. I heard a rustle of tarp and felt light shine on my face.
"Can I open them?"
"No."
I heard another rustle and more light shined in my eyes.
"Can I open them now?"
"Not yet."
Another rustle and light shone all around me.
"Okay now."
I opened my eyes and was overwhelmed but what I saw. Light shone through the glass walls and ceiling of a glass house. Roses upon roses. White, pink, red, yellow, orange and even purple. I felt breathless as my eyes grew wide. I span around and around to capture the view of every rose I saw.
"You said to show you something amazing. Do you like it?" Patrick asked behind me.
I turned to face him. Out of every face I saw, his was my favourite.
"I love it," I ran into the warmth of his arms, "I love you."
Both of us froze and time seemed to slow down. Patrick cupped my cheek bringing my gaze up to meet his eyes.
"Do you mean that? Don't say it unless you do?"
"I do," I quickly said, "I don't know why I haven't told you before. But I do. I love you."
With his leading fingers, I found my way to his lips. Pushing our bodies together, I had never felt so connected with a person. To give my heart to someone I trust and someone who cherished everything step I took. And I guess that's how I knew.

Chapter 48
Rose
Like every morning, it was like routine. I got dressed with Patrick's eyes watching me carefully. Now that we had admitted our love for each other, the routine felt more important. It made everything burn inside me to think of what he was thinking. Mine.
Siting forward, Patrick said, "I have an idea. Why don't you take a draw?"
I frowned, looking at him.
"A draw, really, do you think we're ready for that?"
He shrugged, "we already live in the same house."
"No we don't. You live upstairs, I live downstairs. They're totally different worlds," I told him sitting on the edge of bed.
"Then live upstairs with me. Become part of my world. I want people to see you more than my cleaner," he took my hand bringing me forward, "I want people to know just how much you mean to me."
I tilted my head, slowly admitting that I liked seeing him like this.
"And how are you going to do that?" I asked.
He paused, "I'll get back to you on that."
I laughed shaking my head. Typical guys.
Tapping his hand on the space beside him, he said, "Come here."
I did nuzzling my face into his side. He felt so warm.
"I love you," he said brushing my arm with his fingers.
"I love you too,"
"So the draw?"
I started to giggle and found myself sliding underneath him. He start to nibble my neck sending shocks through my body.
"Okay, okay! I'll do it! I'll take the draw!"
He stopped, hearing what he wanted to hear, locking onto my lips.
"Are you sure?" I asked knowing how he felt about his room. A safe heaven.
"Like I said, I want you apart of my world. And if that means sharing one stupid draw then so be it. It's yours."
I wiggled beneath him and locked my arms around his neck.
"I've never been a part of anyone's world before."
"Well I've never invited anyone into it. So this is new territory for me to."
"So we move carefully," I suggested.
"Yes, only if we do this," he kissed me.
"And this," harder.
"And this," harder and longer than the ones before it.
I groaned before he pulled away.
"I think we can do that," I said with a grin holding back giggles.