Chapter 35 - Realization

Start from the beginning

She smiles at me fakely, pushing past me and entering my house. I turn to her, looking at her with distaste before closing the door.

"I wanted to come see if you were okay," she says, getting closer to me and reaching for my hand. I flinch away from her, giving her an ugly look. "Oh, come on Kian, you broke up with her! Yeah it's only been two days but let yourself enjoy something!"

I listen to her words carefully, finding them true. So when she gets even closer to me and grabs my hand, I don't pull away.

"Just forget everything she did to you. Forget all of your feelings and just..." She looks up to me, slowly standing taller until her lips reach mine.

She kisses me softly at first, and I kiss her back, our lips moving together. She eases me forwards, her legs finally hitting the couch. She sits down, pulling away to have me sit next to her before she starts to straddle me, planting her lips upon mine again.

She gets more aggressive, shoving her tongue in my mouth and roughly pulling my hair. I can't bring myself to enjoy it.

Yes, Emily is a good kisser, but she's nothing compared to Maddie. Maddie is softer, and even when she's rough she takes her time, enjoying it. Emily is pushing it.

I keep kissing her, trying to slow it down because I really don't want to have sex with her, and that's exactly what she wants. The whole time, I keep trying to forget my feelings, remembering what Emily told me.

My mind wanders to what she said.

'Oh, come on, Kian! You broke up with her! Yeah it's only been two days but let yourself enjoy something!'

I keep replaying those words in my head for some strange reason, not understanding why it sounds so strange to me.

Then it hits me. How does she know we broke up two days ago? I didn't tell her, and I highly doubt Madison told her.

I suddenly push her off of me, making her sit next to me. I stand up walking with my back to her.

"Kian," she whines, crossing her arms over her chest.

"How did you know we broke up?" I ask suspiciously, getting mad.

"She cheated on you. That's kind of a given." She brushes of the question easily. I roll my eyes.

"That was Monday. You said that we broke up two days ago," I challenge, smirking at her.

"Madison told me everything," she said plainly, lying through her teeth.

"Oh did she?" I raise my eyebrows, not believing her. She nods, smiling. "Then where did I break up with her?"

She frowns. "Why does that matter?"

"Just answer me," I demand, not wanting to put up with her games.

"You went to her house," she says, trying to sound confident with her incorrect answer.

"Emily. Tell me how you know," I say, growing even more angry.

She looks away, before saying, "Lucky guess?"

I shake my head, glaring at her. "Tell me!"

She rolls her eyes, acting indifferent. "Ryder told me."

I rolls eyes in turn, but not at her. Just his name makes me mad.

"Why would he tell you? He doesn't know you!" I yell, enraged by her lying.

But then I realize something. She isn't lying.

'Your dad didn't invite me, Maddie. Your best friend Emily did.'

I think back to Monday when I heard Madison and Ryder Arguing, and he said that Emily invited him. I didn't mean to be eavesdropping on them, but I couldn't help it. Plus I was being protective.

Before Emily can speak, I do. "No don't. You do know him. You invited him to come here." I look at her and she avoids eye contact with me. "Didn't you?"

She sighs but keeps her mouth shut, and I can tell she's uncomfortable.

"Leave," I tell her, disgusted that I allowed her to come onto me. When she doesn't move, I repeat myself, a little louder, and she gets up and walks out. I slam the door behind her, letting my anger out.

After I've calmed down, my mind races, wondering why she would invite him.

She wanted us to break up.

She wanted Maddie to hurt me.

She wanted to swoop in and be here once me and Maddie were over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's been so long guys! I've been with friends lately and all that fun stuff that teenagers do during the summer!

But if you guys have a few extra minutes could you pleeeassse pleaaaassee go vote on all the chapters if you haven't already? It would mean so much to me!!

Oh and on a side note if you guys have stories you want me to read, put those on my message board or message me! I usually read them! A few people have inboxed me their stories and I love them! So just tell me!

But other than that, please vote and comment on this chapter! I read all the comments and I just love them!

Oh and is anyone going to Hoot Fest July 26 &/or 27? If so inbox me! Cuz I am too!

xox -Delilah