Chapter 5 - Bestfriends?

A lot happens in a week. A lot more than I would ever expect.

Within the last week, me and Kian have actually grown quite close, and he doesn't annoy me anymore. Me growing close to Kian also resulted in me and Sam becoming friends, because it seems as though they spend every waking hour together. Not that I mind, Sam is pretty cool. He is seriously hilarious.

I've learned that the two of them have this YouTube channel called SuperKian13 and a collab account with five other guys called Our2ndLife. They're actually pretty popular and they even have a fandom, kind of similar to the fandom belonging to One Direction, just not as large or as insane.

I've watched a few of the videos, nearly dying a few times from laughter. Especially in their video "Oh Darling" where Sam was dressed up as a girl.

In the last week, I've also learned that the kids in this town like to party, Kian and Sam inviting me to each of them, and they were basically every other night. I've never been to so many parties in such a short amount of time before. And I've never actually been one to be an interest at parties but here since I'm the "New Girl" everyone seems to try to talk to me or meet me.

And to end my summary of the last week, I've kind of began to like Kian. But I know he doesn't like me so I just try to not like him, which is a bit harder than it seems. He's just so...well, attractive. And funny. And just...ugh.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"What's up, buttercup?" I say to Kian as he just walks through my front door like he lives here. He has this habit of making himself at home practically anywhere.

"Eh, I got bored," he shrugs, flipping down on the couch in the living room and turning the TV on. "Where's your dad?"

Kian and my dad met two days ago and my dad seemed to really like him, but Kian is frightened by my dad's built form and towering height, my dad reaching 6'8.

"At work," I say, walking to the kitchen and grabbing an apple and then returning to the living room, sitting next to Kian.

"You wanna do something today?" He asks, throwing his arms around my shoulder nonchalantly.

I nod, biting into my apple.

"How about we go to the mall with Sam?" Kian suggests.

I shrug. "Sure!"

Within thirty minutes, I'm ready and we get in my car, going to pick Sam up. Once we've gotten him, we head off to the mall.

*****

"Kian!" I hear a voice say from behind me.

The three of us stop walking and turn around, looking for whoever called Kian.

"Hey Emily!" He responds, waving to a pretty brunette with a tan complexion.

The girl walks up to us quickly, a smile plastered on her features.

"What are you doing here?" She asks in a chirpy voice.

"Just hangin' out with these two," he says pointing to me and Sam.

"Who's this?" She questions, her eyes wandering to me and a smile directed my way.

This girl seems pretty nice, but it's almost as though her smile is permanent.

"This is Madison, she's new here," he answers.

"Hi Madison! I'm Emily!"

"Hi Emily!" I greet her.