Chapter 15 - The 'L' Word

Life on crutches is hard. Constantly having to hold my foot up and lean most of my weight on these metal annoyances under my arms can get a bit frustrating. Not to mention the fact that I can't even do hardly anything without the help of someone.

Worst of all, I can do the things I want.

Going to the beach is harder because the crutches sink in the sand and I could fall over. I can't run either due to my crippled ankle. I can't even cook without losing balance and nearly falling over.

These things give me a feeling of dependency on other people and useless. I feel like I have to ask everyone to do things for me because I will knock something over or fall down.

I can't really do much at all. Now, if I had better balance and athletic ability, I could probably hop around when I needed to on foot and get what I need. But no.

Even walking up stairs is hard for me. And walking downstairs? That's a bit more scary because I feel like I'm going to fall forward and tumble down to end up with yet another injury.

And to top the joyfulness of this injury off, Kian and my father are always asking me if I need something or if I'm comfortable or if I need something. And let me just say, it get old and very annoying extremely quickly. Extremely.

Today, me and Kian were just wandering around the boardwalk, and I got tired so we came in to sit down in a Starbucks.

That's another thing.

I get tired so easily. I guess that's what I get for loving food and being lazy.

"You okay?" Kian asks, smiling at me.

See? Always asking if I'm okay.

I smile back as whole-heartedly as I can and nod.

I love Kian to death, but all this with him asking if I'm okay is seriously getting on my nerves.

Wait.

Did I just say I loved Kian?

I brush the thought out of my head, not wanting to think about me being in love with someone quickly.

*****

Too bad for me, because throughout the day, the thought of me loving Kian seemed to be the only thing on my mind.

Do I really love him?

This is a question I ask myself constantly.

We arrive at Kian's house about six pm, having decided that we were going to watch movies for the rest of the night.

"Do you want me to get you anything?" He asks, walking towards the kitchen.

Ugh. "No thank you," I tell him.

He returns from the kitchen a minute or two later, grabbing my crutches from where they rested next to me, laying them on the floor next to the arm of the couch. He sits down next to me, throwing an arm around my shoulders, filling my nose with his delicious scent.

I turn so that I can lean my back on Kian and prop my foot up on the couch. I lay my head on his shoulder and wrap my arm around his waist, snuggling into him.

He grabs the remote, flipping through Netflix, looking for a movie to watch, and soon we decide on watching Thor.

Throughout the movie, we share a few stolen looks and a few kisses, and the whole time, I ask myself:

Do I love Kian?

*Emily's POV*

I followed Kian and Madison today, finding them on accident and deciding to watch them.

I saw them together walking at the boardwalk, and at that point, I decided on following them.

No, I didn't directly follow them, I would just walk behind them a bit, watching their moves.

And no, I'm not stalking them.

It's just that every time I see them together, this urge to observe them takes over so I follow.

It's like I want to see what so great about her, why he likes her more than he likes me.

Something about her though, whether its her positive attitude or just the fact that she's dating the guy I'm in love with, makes me hate her.

But she'll never know that.

The plan is that she thinks I'm her best friend, which she does, and I find out what I can about her and Kian's relationship so I can tear it apart bit by bit and still look innocent.

I know I sound like a terrible person, but wouldn't you do the same if you loved someone?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another update! Yay!

Please don't forget to vote!

And if you haven't voted on other chapters, could you please quickly go vote in them so I can get the votes up?

Also, could you help me out with the reads on this?

I will say though, that the reads are going up a bit.

Am I greedy for asking for more reads and votes? I hope not and I'm sorry if it seems that way!

Anyways, I love you guys!!!

Keep the comments and votes coming! They encourage me so much!

Love you guys!

xox -Delilah