Zaria

"You are not getting ice cream for playing a trick on us," Xavier says crossing his arm to his chest. I stare him down "I haven't eaten for three to four day and you're not going to get me ice cream. What kind of husband are?" I question wanting ice cream. "Fine... I'll get you ice cream," he finally puts in. I smile "love you," I tell him. "Love you too," he walks out as he shakes his head.

"You guys are cute or whatever," Amir mumbles. I laugh at his stupid comment. "Amir, how didn't you figure out I was acting?" I question rising my eyebrows. "How?" He questions. "I've done it to you before," I tell him. "Wait... what? When?" He questions. I just smile and don't respond. "Zari, you are too goofy,"my mom says taking my hand in hers. "You know what you always said... laugh through the tears," I tell her. She smiles "someone listen to me." I stick my tongue out Jamal and Amir. They just roll their eyes. "I wonder what happened to my tomboy teenage daughter," my mom says. "She blossomed into a wonderful wife and woman finally," my dad says. I break out laugh "finally... wow," I smile. I honestly love my family they've been there for me through everything and always have me laughing.

There's a knock on the door. Amir opens it revealing Ms. Daniels and Jazlyn. I smile happy to see them. "Hi," they say coming in. Jazlyn runs to the bedside. Jamal helps her climb onto the bed. "Zari," she says kissing my cheek. "Hey Jaz," I smile at her. "You ok?" She asks with her sweet little voice. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for asking," I her. She gives me a hug "I missed you, you should come to my house," she tells me whispering but she was whispering loudly. Everyone breaks out laugh. "Are you ok?" Ms. Daniels asks coming by me. I nod with a smile. "Why isn't Xavier here?" She then questions. "He's going to come back," I tell her.

"We should head out," my parents say giving me a kiss on the cheek and hugs from my brothers. "Salaam alaykum," I say with a smile. "Wa alaykum asalaam," they respond leaving. Xavier comes. "Hi, Mom," he says giving his mom a hug. "Can I talk to you outside please," she says to Xavier. "Wait... why can't you guys talk in here?" I question. They both look at me and then Xavier looks at his mom. "I just don't want to be in here alone," I say. "Jazlyn will be in here," Ms.Daniels says. I stare at her. "You know what I'll call you...we should get going," she says picking up Jazlyn. I stare at her "Ms.Daniels, you don't like me do you?" I question. She stares at me shocked "why would you say that I'm the one that suggest Xavier to you," she says. "I don't know but I feel like you don't trust me," I tell her. "I'm sorry to make you feel like that, but you are a very important to my son and I'm a fan of you, I wish most girls were like you but they are not... so he had a better chance to choice" she says whisper the last part that I almost didn't hear. I stare at her trying to understand "what?" I questions. "She said she likes you," Xavier says quickly. So he caught it to. "You think more girls should be like me so he can end up with someone else?" I question. "I have to go," she says walking out.

"Give me the ice cream," I said irritated. He just stares at me. I hold my hands out for the tub of ice cream. He hands it to me with a sigh, along with a spoon. I open the ice cream and shoving it into my mouth. "You know she didn't..." he starts but I cut him off. "I don't care," I mumble. "Zaria," he says sitting beside me. I hold a spoon full of ice cream for him. He stares at me. I gesture for him to open his mouth, he hesitates for a second and then opens his mouth. I feed him the ice cream. "She doesn't dislike you," he says. "I know, but it's ok not everyone can like you," I tell him. He smiles "this is why I love you," he says. I feed him the ice cream again. I take a spoonful and put it into my mouth. "I feel like a child," he says. "You should," I say ruffling up his hair. "Wow," he says. We both just start laughing