20.

"I'm going to break my damn spine if you don't hold this box for me," I complained in a raspy voice as my arms shook with the weight of three boxes piled in them. Vic looked over to me and chuckled, shaking his head as he grabbed the top box with ease and held it single handedly. "Showoff," I muttered, avoiding his gaze.

A few days had past since I was granted permission to return to living with Vic. Little by little we had been packing my belongings and hauling them to Vic's dorm once again.

"You were right when you said it gets really hot in here; I don't understand how you lived like this for so long," Vic complained, but smiled nonetheless. I watched in silence as he set a few boxes down on my bed and pulled my desk chair towards himself, spinning it backwards and sitting on it. Off slid his hoodie, revealing the base of stomach peeking out from under his t-shirt along with his toned arms. My breathing hitched as I was incapable of hiding my awe.

"My eyes are up here, pretty eyes," Vic spoke knowingly. My gaze flicked to his momentarily, catching his smirk before looking away uncomfortably.

"It hasn't been too long," I replied, ignoring the previous moment entirely. Vic's smirk grew wider, but he didn't bother commenting on my unresponsive state either. Instead, he let out a breath and stood up, stacking up the boxes he had dropped on my bed and exiting the dorm.

Left to myself, I proceeded to stuff my miscellaneous items into smaller boxes, not trying to keep everything organized. It wasn't like everything was going to be stored; I would be unpacking all of my belongings tomorrow most likely. Unfortunate.

Vic returned to the dorm a few minutes later with nothing in his hands but a couple of water bottles. Tossing me one, I managed to catch it before it could roll off the tips of my fingers. I popped the cap, taking a few swigs before setting it beside me and continuing to pack. Vic let out an exhausted sigh, but I was unaware as to what he was doing since my back was facing him. Cardboard crinkling notified me he was packing up more boxes.

I turned my knees to the right, preparing to open a new box when I bumped straight into my open water bottle, watching it tip and spill it's contents straight onto the cement floor. Trickles of water created streams which branched out across the room.

"Fuck," was all I could murmur, standing up and shaking my foot which had been drenched in water. Vic turned his attention to the puddle and then to me, rolling his eyes.

"I'll go get some towels," he commented, disappearing from the room before returning with a few towels. Muttering a thanks, I snatched one from between his fingers and crouched down, placing the cotton towel over a portion of the water and pressing down, letting the water soak into the material. My eyes drifted forwards as Vic sat in front of me and mimicked my actions.

We worked in silence, except for when our hands collided and we'd laugh it off. I switched towels, rolling the entirely soaked one up and setting it aside. Most of the water had been soaked up by that point, but I could still see small puddles here and there.

"Are you blind? There's water right beside you," I complained in a playfully bitter manner, smiling shyly as I drug my towel forward. Vic beat me to it, though, and our hands collided for what seemed like the millionth time that day. I laughed it off as usual, lifting my head and almost smacking it straight into Vic's skull. An embarrassed heat flushed my face as I blew it off with another laugh and smile.

Vic's brown eyes met mine, our foreheads barely pressing. My fists clenched on the towel still placed under my knuckles. Vic's lips parted and I couldn't keep myself from glancing at them with eagerness. He was going to say something and that made me the happiest person alive, and while that was the fucking stupidest thing I've ever admitted, it was true.

Vic didn't say anything, though. His left palm dropped flat onto the cold floor as his right drifted upwards, caressing under my chin rather gently. I held my breath, knuckles turning white because of how tight I was holding on to the soaking towel. If I wasn't so absorbed in Vic's gaze and touch, I probably would have been disgusted.

I lost all sense of self dignity after that moment. All I could recall was that Vic had tugged me forward, pressing our lips together hastily. I kissed back immediately, crawling forward to close the space between us as Vic's hands wandered to my hips, pulling me onto his bent legs.

I wandered, dipping into the pleasure of being so close to him. I was finally, fucking finally close to the one person I was actually wanted to be close to. And I took advantage of that privilege, snaking my semi damp hands up his slim shoulders and touching everywhere from his neck to the roots of his hair. Mine, I couldn't help but to think quietly.

Vic started to pull away, but being greedy, I separated our lips for half of a second before pressing them together again, losing myself in the way his hands touched every inch of my spine. I gripped his hair firmly, telling myself over and over to not let go, but I knew I had to at some point.

"Desperate?" Vic asked softly, keeping me close enough so that our breaths were intertwined.

"Needy, actually," I accidentally admitted, resting my head on his shoulder in embarrassment. Vic laughed, though it was short as both of our breaths were rugged.

"That's enough excitement for now," Vic whispered, lips ghosting over the shell of my ear as he nipped at the skin playfully, pulling me off of his legs and shifting his weight, bringing them around in front of him.

I wiped my hands on my towel before tossing it next to the others. Vic and I continued packing as normal, though we both kept silent. Progress; we were getting somewhere. Where, I didn't know, but I was sure as hell glad to be moving anywhere with Vic.