19.

"We're talking about this right now," I yelled at Vic. Five days had passed since we skipped class and we hadn't really spoken since. On his part, that is. Every time I tried to speak to him, he'd slip away in a flash.

"Start talking," Vic insisted, slipping his bag over his shoulder before walking out of the door. With an annoyed groan, I lifted my own bag and walked out the door hastily, following Vic's footsteps. What part of we didn't he understand?

"Well, to start off," I began, shoving past a few students to keep up with Vic who was walking rather fast. We hit the stairs within seconds. "Five days ago we sorted out everything that happened and then you kissed me and now you won't even speak to me. Like, I'm here trying to figure this mess out and-" I was cut off after we had skimmed down a few flights of stairs.

"Listen, I loved the chat, but I gotta get to next period- bye!" Vic interrupted at full speed, his words jumbled together. In fact, it took me such a long time to process what he had said that I hadn't even noticed his disappearance. Cursing under my breath, I slumped my shoulders and practically drug myself to my next class.

Justin was already in his normal seat, so I slipped into the chair next to him, resting my chin in my hand without muttering a hello.

"You don't look so hot," Justin noted before adding, "Something happen?"

"Vic," was all I said before Justin understood. I promised to myself and to him that I wouldn't hide information from him anymore, so Vic kissing me wasn't a foreign concept to him. Justin nodded, letting out an 'ahh' knowingly.

"I'm starting to think he actually likes you," Justin mused, grinning. My stomach filled with butterflies, and as stupid and cliché as that sounded, there wasn't a better phrase to describe it. I spurted out words that I wasn't comprehending.

"R-Really?" I asked, my eagerness shining through no doubt. "You think?" I added. Justin's eyes dilated before a smirk grew on his lips.

"Oh my god, you like him back don't you?" Justin questioned, his smirk faltering into a smile when I didn't respond.

"Shut up," I muttered. Usually I would have lied, but I knew Justin well enough to realize either way he wouldn't believe me. Suddenly, Justin's pointer finger and thumb were on my cheeks, forcing me to face him again. One look at my flustered face caused Justin to smirk again. To my pleasure, the bell rung before Justin could speak again and after class I was able to leave before Justin could begin pestering me.

Sneaking my dinner up to my room, I sat alone on my bed with my door locked. I didn't want Justin barging in on me like he usually did at the moment. Picking at my food, I sighed. Of course, Abrams didn't grant me a TV or anything to distract me.

A knock on my door came not even ten minutes later. Sighing, I set my plate on my bed's end table and got up.

"Go away, Justin," I commented, but nonetheless started towards the door.

"It's not Justin," I heard Vic's voice answer subtly. Shifting on my feet, I stayed put.

"Well, you can go away too," I retaliated. Vic knocked on the door a couple of more times before I groaned and opened it, giving him an annoyed glare. All he did was smile as his hand latched onto my wrist and pulled me from my room. "Hey- let go!" I ordered, smacking his hand which was in a death grip, but I couldn't tear his hold. I watched in annoyance as he shut my door for me.

"Abram wanted to see us," Vic explained, not letting go of my wrist which had begun to ache. Quietly, I let him drag me down the halls until we were at Abram's office.

"Was it really this urgent?" I scoffed, finally pulling out of Vic's grip and crossing my arms stubbornly. Vic nodded, smile returning. With one knock, Mrs. Abram requested for us to enter. Her surprised expression told me exactly what I was wondering. This wasn't planned.

"Headmaster Abram, I'd like to request that you allow Kellin to be my roommate again," Vic spoke self assuringly, holding his head high. His challenging gaze met hers and all my gaze did was linger as my eyes widened. I was confused; one, because he had referred to Mrs. Abram as headmaster and two, because he actually wanted to live with me again. After he complained about me constantly?

"Vic, you know as well as I do that that's not a good idea-"

"My apologies, but you're wrong," Vic interrupted in a surprisingly calm and polite manner. Vic being polite? "Kellin and I have known each other for quite some time now and I've come to terms with our incident earlier on. I've forgiven him and miss him. The dorm feels empty without him," Vic added. My cheeks burned at the somewhat compliment, even though I hated being referred to in third person. Mrs. Abram's eyebrows raised in surprise. Her gaze shifted to me hastily.

"Is this mutual?" She asked me. I could tell she still wasn't fond of me, but that wasn't shocking.

"I'm sorry?" I muttered in confusion, barely paying attention to her question.

"Do you want to move back in with Vic?" Mrs. Abram questioned more clearly. I fiddled with my fingers nervously.

"Well, I mean-" I began in uncertainty before my eyes locked with Vic's. He was giving me a look I had never recognized before. Assurance; trust. He was reassuring me to trust him. I wanted to tear my gaze from his, yet I found myself trapped in the abyss of his brown orbs. "The room you gave me is really crammed and hot... and I guess I kind of miss him too. Mostly the space, though," I admitted, murmuring the last part so only Vic heard it. Abram's look showed her uncertainty, but eventually she let out a sigh.

"Well, I guess I can allow it as I'm seeing progress in both of your attitudes. Give me a day or two to change some files. Kellin can start moving his items back in whenever he pleases," Mrs. Abram concluded. A smile formed on my lips as Vic and I thanked her in unison before slipping out of her office.

"...Why?" I asked quietly as Vic and I walked back to my dorm. Silently, I was thankful to be moving out of that hell hole.

"Like I've stated, I know you better than anybody else here does. I know what you desire," Vic responded in a whisper, stepping closer to me. A shiver ran down my spine, but I forced myself to stare straight ahead. "And I think I've come to terms with my own desires as well. See you tomorrow," Vic concluded, veering off and leaving me to return to my room alone. My heart thumped in my chest. If Vic knew my desires so well, why the hell couldn't I think of a slim part of his?