I stared at him for a few seconds before processing his words easily telling he was on his last straw. Quickly I took off my other coat which didn't take long and shrugged on his sniffing the material softly. His scent made me smile and I zipped it up, even going as far as pulling the hood over my head and finally tipping myself backwards onto the forest terrain. I rolled onto my stomach wincing when the ground pressed against the healing bruise. I ignored it shoving the aggravating pain to the back of mind and placed both my arms underneath my chin and finally closing my eyes. I prayed to fall asleep but not before saying my thanks to Travis which I seemed to be doing an awful lot these days.

Of course, he ignored me.

-

When I awoke a few hours later, it was morning and the sun shone through the gaps in the trees creating small patches of light on the dirty terrain. I stretched hearing my muscles crack causing me to sigh in content. My body was awkwardly uncomfortable from the position and from having to sleep on the ground just like many nights before this. Not that I ever had an actual bed before, but back at my Tribe: I had a pillow to use. I then leaned upwards onto my knees cupping my mouth to conceal a yawn turning to glance at Travis curiously to see if he was awake. He surprisingly wasn't and I felt guilty wondering did he sleep at all last night since I was at least jittery for nearly two hours past midnight. Suddenly a strong urge to be near him emerged inside of me and I tentatively pondered the idea.

These feelings of want and need to be near Travis greatly confused me. I know he wasn't my mate, I couldn't be mates with a Shifter. That's completely unheard of. Lycan mates were specifally choosen in a draw on their twentieth birthday and nothing strange happens like what happens whenever I touch Travis. I wonder if I had the courage to kill Renee, would I have eventually met my chosen mate once I reached twenty? Or would my dad have killed me off before then?

When I came too from my concentrated trance, I realized that I had made my way over to Travis. I didn't take long to notice his rugged features. The soft breeze rustled his dark lock and I eyed his undercut with mild interest wondering how it felt. I've never seen such a haircut before. The sun made his skin glisten with slight perspiration and I titled my head to the side. It wasn't fair how handsome he was or how he made my fingers itch to touch him. I licked my lips thankful he wasn't awake since I'm sure I looked like such a weirdo just staring at him. To be fair, there wasn't anything else to look at other than trees and plant life. Nothing that interested me. To me Travis was so mysterious and I barely knew anything about him. Not that he knew anything about me, other than how fucked up he probably thought I was. I couldn't help but think back to last night and my eyebrows furrowed.

What does he mean by 'he's stuck with me' anyway? He says it all the the time, I mean not that I didn't mind. I was very grateful for his company and I enjoyed it even when he was a dick but he had so many chances to just drop me, sometimes I thought he did; except he never did.

"Why are you touching me?" Travis mumbled incoherently and I felt myself turn red when I acknowledged that due to my thoughts, I subconsciously cupped his cheek. Fuck, I thought as the little sparks made the situation feel even more uncanny and I ducked my head still not moving my hand back. His skin was smooth, albeit a bit oily, still nice though to touch though. His grey eyes watched me like a hawk narrowing at me making me shrink in on myself in embarrassment. My face turned darker and I willed myself to say something substantial.

"S-sorry I didn't mean too."

I cursed under my breath for stuttering like an idiot and I bit my lip hastily pulling my hand back to my side. My eyes watered from this demeaning scene and I barely had time to react before Travis pushed himself up and I shamefully ducked my head even more awaiting his reaction. I winced when Travis placed his forehead against mine and my eyes grew wide when I realized how close he was. Our breaths mingled together and suddenly I wanted to vomit from our close proximity. I could feel the electricity between us and I awkwardly stuffed my hands under my armpits not positive on my next course of action.