(11)

"No one is useless in this world, who lightens the burden on someone else." - Charles Dickens

I huddled closer inside my torn jacket shivering slightly when a spontaneous gust of wind blew from the north catching the debris of rogues leafs. My eyes stung from the impact and my loose shirt and pair of jeans barely protected me against it. I whined rubbing my eyes groggily to hopefully rid myself of this restlessness and to cool down the sting from the breeze, so I could finally sleep instead of letting myself think. I didn't want to recall my actions of the day before. I wasn't even hungry any more and I hated it since I knew what toll cannibalization took on my mentality.

Not that it already wasn't cracked before, but now it was worse. There was a lot of things I loathed about myself, being a Lycan was one of them especially now that I tasted my own kinds flesh, but the main reason was that I didn't seem to care that I ate that man's hand even though I should. He was hurting me, it was self defence in a twisted sort of way.

At least that's how I conceived it.

I bit my lip softly shaking my head and glanced at Travis who seemed to be sound asleep. I knew better, which was why I was trying my best to stay silent. He was using his coat as a pillow and was breathing evenly in and out. The moonlight shone on his face that was still as stoic as ever which was a dead give away that he was awake so he must be only resting. Since I assumed that he at least relaxed his face muscles when he was sleeping. Or he maybe he actually always looked like he had pole stuck up his ass? My eyebrows furrowed as more morose thoughts entered my tired mind.

Why hasn't he left yet, he must have saw me bite that man's hand off?

I'm positive he did because he told me that I was the reason he got the upper hand on his attacker, so he definitely did.

"Stop staring at me, brat." Travis sighed blinking sideways at me and I hummed in recognition still not looking away, letting my thoughts drag me away and questions soon surfaced. Travis raised his eyebrow at me in irritation when I still didn't look away. Obviously someone didn't like being looked at too long.

He has a lot of pet peeves.

I licked my lips insecurely before speaking my mind. "W-why haven't you left yet?" Almost immediately after I asked the question, I felt abashed considering I think I asked that same question before. I decided to look away avoiding eye contact with him and sheepishly offering him a small smile. "Sorry, stupid question."

"As I said before, brat, I'm stuck with you. So stop dwelling on useless shit and just sleep," He muttered rolling his eyes and sighing incredulously whilst cracking his knuckles. "You've been keeping me up with all your fucking jittering. So. Sleep."

I frowned at his lack of an answer before nodding slowly gripping the coat tighter around me to help sustain some warmth, but failing in doing so. I clicked my tongue. "Someone's cranky.."

"Fuck you." He said sending daggers in my direction and I self consciously shrunk my shoulders looking to the right. I heard him moving and I awaited for him to settle when I felt something land on my head covering me in complete darkness. I panicked before realizing it was Travis's other coat as his scent drifted up my nose. I dug myself out of my confinement holding his coat in confusion and I turned to stare at him only for my eyes to lock onto his back.

I opened my mouth unsure of what to do exactly but he beat me to it.

"Wear it, dumbass. I know you're cold ," He ordered gruffly. "And I swear to the Moon Goddess, if you don't go to fucking sleep. I will make you."