nineteen.

His parents leave about an hour later, his mom making small talk with me and his dad focusing on speaking only with Blake.

Once Blake walks his parents out, he comes back towards the bed, and lays next to me in the same position as earlier.

"Bella," he whispers," I don't care how hard you fight me, how hard you try to keep me away, how hard you force yourself to hate me, I will always love you. You are my queen, I am your king, and Isaac is our prince."

I'm left speechless because 1. I was not expecting this, 2. This is officially the cutest thing I have ever heard.

Fuck. I think, he's making it super hard not to kiss him right now.

"Blake," I start." I can't really have you stay my boyfriend. It's not that I don't love you, I do. It's just, I'm not ready yet. I have to readjust everything in my life and— I just can't."

"Then I'll give you some space. If you want, I'll move back with my parents."

"No!" I blurt out instantly," I mean, don't leave."

"Why not? I mean, I don't want to make this harder for yo-"

"You can't leave Blake. If you leave, the bed would get colder, my body would become heavier, and my heart would become sadder. I want to be your girlfriend, but I can't. I don't know why, it's just complicated okay.

"Okay, so I won't leave." He says.

"Thank you." I whisper, laying my head on top of his chest.

"Anything for you baby girl, anything." He whispers, stroking my hair.

I start listening to Blake's heartbeat.

It's calm and steady. Peaceful.

I start be aiming drowsy, my eyes becoming heavy. I can start feeling my body shut down, preparing to enter REM sleep.

Then I hear a slight whimper, followed by another. Following that, a loud cry. It awakens me, my body fighting to become alert.

I attempt to lift my head, but am too tired to do so.

"It's okay Bella, I'll take care of it. Go to sleep." He smiles, then gently removes my torso from his.

I smile, then simply try to readjust myself in the bed.

Although my body missed his warmth, soothing comfort, and seductively smelling cologne, my mind was so tired that I could no longer stay awake.

After a couple seconds, I no longer heard Isaac's muffled cry.

After a couple seconds, I fell into a deep sleep.

After a couple seconds, I regained Blake's presence beside me.

After a couple seconds, I'm at ease with myself.

After a couple of seconds, all my worries disappear.

•••
An Hour and a Half Later

I wake up to see Blake slightly struggling with Isaac.

He looks at me frantically, then starts trying to shush the baby.

"Bella, go back to sleep. Sorry, I got this. Just—don't worry." He says trying to amuse Isaac.

"Hand him to me." I say lightly, "it's time for his feeding."

"But you never went to those breastfeeding classes," Blake says," what if something goes wrong?"

"Do you think cavemen had 'breastfeeding classes'? No. It's natural, so here, hand him to me." I say, extending both arms.

"Okay, but I'll be right here if anything goes wrong." He smiles reassuringly.

I unbutton the hospital gown, then slide it off of one shoulder, revealing myself.

I gently lift Isaac, fixing his mouth in order to latch on. After a couple minutes of trying, he latches on, and I can feel my swollen breasts become slightly less heavy.

I sit him upright and pat his back, burping him.

Blake looks at me, then sits on the foot of the bed.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Bella, I got a call not too long ago." He pauses, a tear streaming down his face. "The Marines. I need to return, tonight."

"Oh." I pause, not wanting to cry.

"I'm sorr-"

"No,no, it's fine. I get it." I say, looking up at the ceiling to keep the tears from falling.

"I'm leaving in 10 minutes to go pack my bags. I'll call you before I leave." He says, coming towards me to kiss my forehead, then leaves.

"I love you." I whisper once he's gone.

Authors Note

Sorry for not updating sooner, it's just been really hard to write lately since I have to write an actual story for school.

Looks like I've got my priorities sorted.

Anyways, if you haven't already, listen to this song by Shawn Mendes that he sang on 'The 100'

It's really nice, I'd like to think. Comment your opinions.