thirteen.

Today I'm heading to the doctors office to get my fourth appointment. Today, I'll find out the gender of the baby. Yesterday, I became four months and still, no one besides Blake, my mom, and I know. Rebecca, never. At least not yet.

Once Rebecca knows, the whole damned school knows. And I'll be the new hoe, slut, and anything else you can think of at school.

I start looking out the window of the passengers seat of the car, and think about how my future might end up being. I thought of a list.

Pros:                       
- I'd have motivation to work 10 times harder.
-I can mature faster.
-My mom gets to see her grandchild at a fairly young age.
Cons:
-I'll struggle—a lot.
-Blake is in the Marines.
-Id get bullied, causing stress on both of us.
-All the open doors I had for my future, slam closed.
-I'd dishonor my family.

I soon realize that the odds are against me. I still haven't decided on abortion or adoption, or anything really. How would I support the baby? I'd be a single mother until Blake returns—if he returns.

"Bella, we're here." My mom says, getting out the car.

I unbuckle my seatbelt, and get out the car. I notice that my belly has grown.

Duh! What did you expect, to stay skinny forever?

I sign in, then take a seat. I pick up a magazine, cosmopolitan to be exact. The Kardashian edition.

I flip through, only stopping to see some dress ads, shoe ads, and cliché Kardashian drama.

After 15 minutes of boredom, the nurse calls my name, and directs me towards my assigned room.

"Ms. Woods, please, take a seat. The doctor will be with you shortly." She says, the placing the Manila folder in the holder, and shutting the door behind her.

I sigh, then lay down.

No later than 5 minutes, Dr. Frank walks in. She's a doctor in her late thirties, that can pull off the look of your average teenager.

"So, what gender were you hoping it to be?" She asks, putting on her blue, latex gloves.

"Girl, definitely." I smile, pulling up my shirt to reveal a small bump.

"This will we a little cold, so bear with me." She says, then squeezes a small amount of gel onto my stomach.

It wasn't very cold at all, but it was still chilling. She then takes the ultrasound wand thingy, and starts rubbing it against my stomach, making it appear onto the designated screen.

"Would you like some pictures today Ms. Woods!" She asks, monitoring the ultrasound quite carefully.

"Please." I respond.

"Very well."

She takes another look.

"Congratulations, you're having a girl Ms. Woods." She says, a British accent now clear in her voice. " Is the father in the picture?"

"Not at the moment actually, he's somewhere else." I say, swallowing my tears.

"I completely understand, only some girls come in your age, and they have absolutely no idea who the father is. At least you know." She smiles at me.

I smile back.

"Have you decided what to do with it yet? Abortion, adoption, or are you keeping it?"

"I'm not sure yet, for now I'm keeping it." I respond, my head spinning with questions.

"Well, that's quite alright, let's see here, oh look! The heart. Looks here like all four chambers are working properly." She squeals with joy.

*knock, knock*

"Yes, come in dear." She says, not taking her eyes off the screen.

A nurse walks in.  "Ms. Woods, I have a visitor asking to be with you during your appointment. He goes by the name of Blake Cameron."

"Oh, umm— of course. Let him in please, he's the father." I say, trying to swallow the lump that's forming in my throat.

A couple seconds later, a masculine figure appears at the door.

It really is him.

"They gave me a week off, well, we've returned. We have to go back next Monday." He says, still at the door.

"Come in Blake, it's okay. Come, stand next to me so you can see too. That's our baby." I say, sitting up to grab his hand, and then laying back down.

"I'm sorry I haven't been here, I feel horrible." He says, kissing my forehead.

"It's okay, I mean, I get why you can't be here." I smile. "Wait, how'd you know I had an appointment today?"
I look at my mom.

She shrugs. "Surprise!"