"You're not going to fight in this one."

"Why not?"

"You're weak, fragile. The little cut I made with my nail still hasn't even healed. You have to recover."

"I am completely fine. As for my strength, it's slowly coming back." Merek snorts.

"Yes, whatever you say." He walks out the tent and I frown.

"Are you going to keep feigning that you're asleep?" I ask him. He sits up and laughs.

"So who exactly is Nathan and what happened in the past?" He asks.

I sigh and sit next to him. "He's the very first lycan created with the same spell that was used on me just with different ingredients. He's your king. We were together for the majority of our childhood until I was taken away and then I met Merek."

He nods, "I don't feel like being a pawn of some lycan King. I'll be taking his position."

I smile, there's the Dante I know. "Great. I'll help."

"How is your body?"

"Aside from the bruises, the marks, and the pain in my back that hasn't gone away, it's perfectly fine." He smirks and pulls me on top of him. He begins rubbing my butt and I relax into his arms.

"My king." I look towards the door of the tent.

"Who is that?" Dante asks.

"It's Elijah. He disappeared before I got here with Nathaniel yesterday." I get up and I leave the tent. Elijah is there with my armor. I thought Merek wasn't going to give me it.

"Where did you go?"

"I had business with a lycan I saw." I raise my eyebrow. "... He's my brother."

"Why is he a lycan?"

"Same human mother but different fathers. His was a lycan sire, mine was human." I nod in understanding.

"Why are you fighting in this war when you know your brother is your enemy?"

"It's our duty to our species. We understand that and wish each other the best."

"I understand. Thank you." I grab the amor. He bows and leaves. Before I go back inside I feel a piercing gaze but when I look around there is no one.

Going back inside Dante is already dressed in his armor and ready to leave. "Where are you going?" I ask him while stripping and putting on my amor.

"To my soldiers. I need to see how many are left, how many are injured, and how many are healthy enough to train and fight in this last battle."

"Alright. I'm going to see Ael, I need to see if he's better." I explain.

"What happened to him?"

"They raped and tortured him." His eyes widen and darken to their black form. "Don't worry, we'll get out revenge."

"Of course we will." He kisses me and walks out. I can't help but touch my lips.

I close my eyes and focus on teleporting to Merek. Nothing.

I sigh and try making fire through my hands. Nothing again.

Maybe if I drink blood? I haven't done that since Dante told me to leave. I haven't had any blood? How am I still alive? I don't think I even noticed.

Should I go find Dante? Can I even drink his blood?

I sigh once again and leave the tent to find food. I pause, my fangs aren't there. I slick my tongue through my teeth and feel nothing.